I spent much of yesterday and more time this morning, working on a faceup for a friend of mine in California. The facemould to start with has been a bit of a challenge as it I feel it looks neither one gender or the other, although it is supposed to be a little girl. Because I wanted her to look more girly, it has taken me a while to start on her and to really know what colours to use. I didn't really want to use anything too strong, after all, this is a 'child' doll, but I though too neutral would make her look too boyish.
So finally I thought I'd got it right and gave her a final coat of MSC (Mr Super Clear flat) sealant before adding the varnish and then later the eyelashes. Then just as I was adding some tiny freckles so I noticed a little speck of dust on her face which I touched with my finger, only for a big patch of MSC to come away from the face!! It brought with it the layers of blush from underneath and now I have had to remove the whole lot and will be starting over again tomorrow.
Arrrrgggggh! All that work wasted! I can only think that the MSC was a bit cold as although I shook it really well, it had been standing in the shade in the garden. I even tested it before spraying and thought it was fine, but obviously not!
Oh well, tomorrow is another day!!