So I took her completely apart and have now sueded her with 'pliver' (I think this is how you spell it) which is a very very thin layer of leather, and I've cut out circles and added them to every joint, glueing them into the 'receptive' part of the joint using PVA glue. I then restrung her with new thicker elastic, elastic that was actually meant for a bigger doll and replaced the metal ring inside her head with an S hook. Well it has finally done the job! I think her ankles will always be a bit of a problem, they are quite slim, and so they struggle to hold up her chubby body and big head! But they're certainly so much better than they were!
Here she is with her little wooden cat. She borrowed these dungarees and blouse from my Sasha dolls, it's great that she can share most of their clothes with them, although she is thinner across the chest and shoulders.