I decided to give Heather, my Heather Sky, a full makeover, so she has had a bit of extra carving and new face makeup as well as new eyelashes and eyelids.
Heather's eyelids were originally painted but after rubbing the paint off I decided to cover them with thin self adhesive fabric. I had to sand the eyelids down quite well so that the fabric didn't catch on the eyelids when opening and closing her eyes.
She also got some pretty new blue grey eye chips. I'd intended to always have her with different shades of brown chips but thought these blues would make a nice change.
Next up was my Vainilladolly custom Blythe, she got a different scalp to wear. I rooted this scalp several years ago and finally someone can make use of it. I think this style and colour suits her quite well. (Apologies for the loose and flyaway hairs, it was quite a windy evening!)
After working on the Blythes, I decided it was time to work on my Tonner My Imagination doll as I've been saying for a while now that she needed different eyes. I cut a hole in the top of her head under her wig and then cut into the vinyl at the back of her eyes. I removed the vinyl and then, pushing from the front, removed her default acrylic eyes. However, having tried her with several other pairs of eyes, I decided to go back to her original eyes again as they suited her, it was just the placement of them that was all wrong. I also attached more natural upper eyelashes.
Here you can see that just the tiniest adjustment to the placement of the eyes can take a doll from having that weird "deer caught in headlights" look, to a more natural non staring gaze. I hope you'll agree that it looks much better this way.
This is the 'before' photo, you can see that her eyes look very 'round' and staring, as if she is in shock:
And now you can see that she looks far more natural, the eyes have just been lifted up slightly to show a tiny area of white underneath the irises, this softens her whole look:
Finally today I made a new dress for my Fairyland Mini Fee tanned Chloe. I used a pattern I'd not used before and found the bodice was rather big on her so I took it in down the front then created this 'frill' using a strip of the fine knit fabric of the dress to cover the seam. All I need to do now is remember to make adjustments to my pattern before I forget!!!
Well I hope you've liked seeing what I've been up to over the last week! Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week :)
Big hugs, Sharon xx