FOR SALE

Wednesday 20 March 2019

A Little Bit of Creativity....

The weather here had, until today, been beautiful and it inspired me to get a bit creative....I have so many ideas rolling round inside my head but when I sit down in my doll/sewing room, those ideas just seem to float out of the window...and are lost.  But I've recently had a little spurt of creativity and thought I'd share it with you...

Firstly I decided that Anuschka, my Zwergnase Junior, needed a new wig, as her default one, shown in my last post, was really messy and matted underneath her hat so I looked through my wig box and found this one (below) and thought it made a good replacement for her.....it's a Monique Gold wig, I have no idea of the name, but know that once it was a long one, before I got carried away with the scissors!!!!  I do like her with messy hair.  😊




So then she got a new dress.  I made this using a pattern for Maru & Friends dolls, but the fit is quite good. 


Then yesterday I made a wig for my little Irrealdoll Annic.  I've struggled with finding a good wig for her because she's got such a tiny head that manufactured wigs, even in her size, seem to have too much hair so they overwhelm her face.  I decided to make my own, so I made a head cap with tulle and several layers of white glue, which once hard, makes a close fitting cap.  I then used fake fur from a cushion I bought at Lidl, trimming lines of the fur still attached to the fabric, making 'wefts' and then attaching them to the cap, again with white glue.  And then once it'd dried, I cut it into the only style I can really do, a bob!!!  I'm really quite pleased with how it came out and don't think it overwhelms her at all.






So what do you think?

Apart from that, I have heard that my pre-order dolls will soon be shipping, so that's exciting for me, I hope I'm happy with them both :)

And finally, here is a photo of some poppies that are growing in the dry river bed behind my home.....


I hope you're all having weather to your liking, wherever you may be.....

Have a lovely week!

Big hugs Sharon xx


16 comments:

  1. Happy First Day of Spring!
    Both girls look adorable with their "new" hair. I love the way you have posed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy, isn't it lovely to think that winter is now three seasons away again! I always love the longer days and the brighter evenings and the prospect of sunshine all day every day! I don't look forward to all the visitors to the beach though and nowhere to park when we go to the supermarket, but I guess we have to take the rough with the smooth!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean, I often wake thinking I'm going to achieve great things, and suddenly the day disappears before I have even had a chance to begin . . . mainly because thinking is easier than doing. LOL!
    I really like both wigs Sharon. I think your right about Anuschka needing a messy look, it suits her grumpy face nicely and you did a great job with Annic's wig, it doesn't overpower her sweet sad little face at all. I wish I could make wigs like that. :)
    Don't the red poppies make a lovely contrast with the green grass . . . and so cheerful.
    Hope your week has been a happy one.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it exactly, thinking about it, is far easier than actually doing it! There is always something else to be done too, I get resentful sometimes that other things take me away from my dolly hobby! Thank you on the wigs, I'm glad you like them, and yes, I think that's it exactly, Anuschka would not suit neat and tidy hair at all!
      I love the poppies, they realy do look so vibrant against the green don't they!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh I love both wigs. The blonde wig really reminds me a lot of Roxy Hart from the movie Chicago! Love short wavy hair like that. I wish I could have a similar hairstyle without my hair looking like a poodle! I can't short super short styles sadly. The black wig looks so good on your doll. It suits her lovely face and features.

    I am usually like that, have a lot of ideas that float away when I sit down to do it but lately, I don't know what it is but I've become super inspired and have the drive to do a lot of creative stuff. I hope it keeps up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alasse, I'm glad you think so. I would love to have wavy hair too, I did used to have mine in this style many years ago when I had a perm...but when the perm got to just the right amount of curl, so it would seem to grow quickly and then I was back to square one. The good thing is this won't grow! LOL
      Oh the ideas thing just drives me nuts!!! But I'm glad to hear that you're getting really creative, I look forward to seeing what you've been up to.
      xxx

      Delete
  4. I like both of your dolls. I'd love to have a Zwergnase,but they are too expensive for me! Your homemade wig looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tam. I love the Zwergnases because of their unusual faces, they're not really pretty but there is something about them!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Anushka looks beautiful in new wig and new dress. Both fits er perfectly.

    And the wig you made for Annic is just right. It's not overwhelming at all. I love how she looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kamelia, I'm glad you like the wigs.
      I made another wig today but it wasn't as successful so it's in the rubbish bin as I type!!! :)
      xxx

      Delete
  6. A very creative time you've had. I think Annic's wig suits her really well and is not too full.
    Anuschka wig also looks good on her along with her sweet new dress. have a lovely weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee, I'm glad you like the wigs.
      I hope you've had a great weekend, I see it's been very productive too :)
      xxx

      Delete
  7. Anuschka and Annic’s wigs are both beautiful. You have a wonderful eye for wigs and proportions Sharon. The blonde wig is unexpected in color and length and is very smart! Annic’s wig is perfect for her. Thank you for a lovely post and so nice to see poppies! 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much dear Ginger, you always say the nicest things!
      Aren't the poppies beautiful! They are so bright in contrast to the surroundings of the dry river bed.
      xxx

      Delete
  8. Both girls got some great new hairdos! I have been thinking about new and easy ways to make wigs, so that fake fur pillow from Lidl was a great idea. I have bought some fake hair and cheap hair extensions that work too.
    Nice to see some signs of Spring too!
    Enjoy the new week ahead. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niina, they did indeed. I bought some cheap hair extensions too, and I also have some hair left over from rerooting Blythes and Sashas, I just need to sort it all out. I have quite a few hair colours but not always the colour I want! Isn't that typical :)
      I hope you have a great week ahead too xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.