FOR SALE

Friday 5 July 2019

An Update and some Little Darlings!

As some of you know from reading my blog, I had to sell a lot of my dolls over the last six months and, although I won't bore you with the details, things were not looking good for the rest of them either.  I managed to get rid of 54 dolls and sold all of Brian's trains (from his younger days!) on Ebay aswell...but finally things are looking up for us.  We have just this week sold our house, having signed the contracts on Wednesday night.  The house sale will hopefully be finalised in early September, so we will no longer have a home in Sevilla, but will live permanently on the coast here in Malaga Province.

On the one hand we are really pleased that the house sold so quickly as it's only been on the market for a couple of months, but on the other, so it is a very 'bittersweet' feeling, we have been really happy there and made some fantastic Spanish friends but needs must and we shall look forward to a new chapter of our lives starting from now.

Of course through all this, I've not only had very little time for my dolls, I've also been very lacking in interest....but just recently my interest is slowly coming back and so I decided to take some photos of the dolls who, luckily I was able to keep!!!  So first up are the Little Darlings and my one Boneka girl.  I changed them into summer clothes as it's so hot here and the poor girls were melting in their winter outfits!!  So without further ado.....

Left to Right:

Rory (Lana Dobbs), Reece (UFDC Factory girl enhance by me), Ellie (Dianna Effner), Gem (Dianna Effner), Nikola (Nellie Valentino) 


 The three number 1 sculpts:
 

The two number 2 sculpts:




A few close ups.....






I really love these girls' faces but I find their posing is really very, very limited.  They are elastic strung dolls but unlike the Sasha dolls, who are also strung with elastic, the Little Darlings do not pose very naturally, they are rather 'wooden'....I guess I just put up with it because the do look so sweet!!

I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of the girls who survived my dolly cull, I hope to share some of the others who've stayed really soon.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and thank you for visiting!

Big hugs Sharon xx

 
 

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment and for visiting my blog!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you've finally had some times to enjoy the dolls again.
    Good that the house sold so you can move forward , although as you say a bittersweet sale.
    The little darlings do have such sweet faces and I always love how you dress them like proper little children
    hugs Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dee, it's nice to be playing with them again. I have been sewing quite a few things recently so I will share them soon.
      I'm glad you like my LDs, I do like them a lot but rarely do anything with them!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Dear Sharon, hello. I hope you will have a smooth transition to your new home. I look forward to seeing photos of your new town. I just did a Google search to see where you will be moving. It looks like it is a seaside village.

    I am happy that you will have your sweet Little Darlings to travel with you. I admit that I am biased (laugh).

    Thanks for continuing to write in spite of being busy. I appreciate your updates on life and dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dorothy, yes it is indeed a seaside town, we are just across the road from the beach :)
      I know you love the Little Darlings, I really like their faces too.
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Sharon,
    I'm sorry things haven't been going well lately, but now your house has sold, things will hopefully change for the better. It's a shame you had to sell so many treasured items, but sometimes it means you can begin a new chapter without any baggage. I have found, when I have sold things that I thought were important to me, that I have felt a complete sense of relief and strangely enough, I haven't even missed them.

    I am pleased you kept your pretty Little Darlings, even though they have limited movement, they do have beautiful and endearing faces. I only have one, and I love her, but I still think these dolls are so overpriced for a vinyl doll.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandy, things are starting to look up now thank goodness.
      I must admit that in the main I have felt quite a lot of relief as such a lot of 'stuff' has gone, although I have missed a few things but they're just things, aren't they!!!
      You're right, they do have good faces, so they'll stay for as long as they appeal to me. :) But I agree with you, they're very expensive for what they are...and although they are artist painted, I watched another artist painting some doll eyes recently and she did a beautiful job and it only took her a couple of hours and that was with sanding down the original eyes too!!! So I don't think they take a long time to do either.
      Big hugs to you too xxx

      Delete
  5. Is this a new house you're going to, or one you already owned? I love the Little Darlings. They are dolls I'd definitely have if I could afford them. Shame about the limited articulation though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Tam, it's a small place that we already had.
      They are lovely looking dolls but they are so very limited, I do struggle with them as even other non multi jointed dolls such as the Sashas can do so much more than the LDs can.
      xxx










      Delete
  6. I'm glad to hear your house sold so quickly! I can understand the bittersweet part, I had that conflicted feeling when I sold my house last year (and it had been five years since I'd lived in it!).

    The Little Darlings have such wonderful faces! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you jSarie, me too!
      That's the same with us really, we've not lived in the house for ages but we go there regularly every month and I think for me it's the lovely garden, the hot tub under a pagoda in the shade, the lemon and orange trees....but more than that, the lovely friends we've made there, especially our closed friends, Magdalena and Joaquin, who have been like family to us more or less since we arrived in Spain in April 2004. :(

      xxx

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you found some time for yourself and dolls.
    I hope that all will calm down soon.
    Your girls are so sweet, I fallen in love in Diana's Effner dolls a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kamelia, me too!
      I think things are starting to get better now, all being well. Hopefully the house sale will complete as planned in September, and all will be well.
      The LDs are pretty little things aren't they! Thank you!
      xxx

      Delete
  8. I can see why you kept these girls. They have really sweet faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alasse, they really do have lovely faces, don't they!
      xxx

      Delete
  9. Nice to have a new post and I'm glad that things are gradually sorting out and on the up-turn. I spent several years hankering after a LD but as I don't have the patience to wait for one I always got distracted by something available more quickly. How do you think the Boneka compares in terms of quality?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tricia...and thanks for visiting because you must be exhausted from your recent wonderful trip.
      I agree, the wait is too long really, I think for me it was just a matter of paying and then forgetting about the doll...which I actually managed to do most of the time!
      The quality of the LDs and the Bonekas is about the same I feel, the body shape and everything is the same as far as I'm aware. The only difference being the LDs have more detailed eyes than the Boneka dolls, although if I remember rightly, the Bonekas are also handpainted but their eye style is more simple.
      xxx

      Delete
  10. Pretty little darling girls! Even if they can not pose so much, I could own several just because of their cute faces. But in the early days of my childhood and dolls, the dolls were like this. Cute and stiff. :) Hope that it goes smooth with everything! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niina. I know what you mean, my childhood dolls were the same too, as are a lot of the modern dolls these days but I think I've been spoilt with BJDs, now I want all my dolls to be as expressive in photos I suppose!
      xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.