FOR SALE

Tuesday 8 June 2021

Hello! I'm still alive!

 I'm really sorry that I've not been around for ages, I've not posted on my blog or read anyone else's either, which is bad because I do enjoy seeing what everyone else is up to on the dolly front.

As for me, well I'm well but have had six months of problems with one of my legs, several times I was unable to actually walk and I honestly thought the worst.  Well it turns out that I have 'severe arthritis' in my knee and lower leg and am too young (I like that!) for a replacement knee so I've been given strong painkillers.  They're working well but I feel so tired that sometimes I just cannot be bothered to do anything! 

However, I have actually been sewing, quite a lot to be honest.  I've let my house gather dust and concentrated on my dolls....well those dust mites deserve a life too, wouldn't you say?  Seriously though, I've been sewing, sewing and more sewing and really enjoying it.  I've also customised a doll so I will share some of those things here and hope, if I still have any readers left, you will enjoy seeing what I've been doing.

I received a new BJD back in April and although I wasn't sure whether I'd actually keep her, when she arrived I was smitten.  She is a Pao by Boto Doll and although she has a chubby body which I normally don't like, I really love her.  I've done a lot of sewing for her.....








 I've been having such fun with her, her name is Jin, which apparently means Jade in Chinese.

I've made outfits for my Gotz girls too....

 




Both of those girls arrived in the early part of the year....I had a bit of a spending spree!!  

Some more BJDs got new clothes....

 

Samantha (Elfdoll Hana Angel) got a new blue dress with beading around the hem.


Noa (Irrealdoll Nora) got a check dress and cream socks.


Black Cherry Dolls XiaoYu got a new denim pinafore and striped stockings.  The lovely knitted sweater and beret were a gift from a friend.


And she also got a linen dress in khaki green.



 Bastian by Little Cosmos Dolls got some new trousers and a matching top.

So these were just a few of the many things I've been sewing recently.

Finally I did a makeover on one of my Gotz girls.  Anna is from 2005 and although she was really nice, her eyes were quite flat and not the most attractive so I decided to give her a whole new face.

Here she is with her new look and new dress....well if a girl has a new look she really needs another new dress, I guess!  




 I almost cut her eyes out to insert glass ones but then I decided to try repainting her existing eyes, after five attempts I was happy with the ones I painted and after sealing them, I added clear UV resin to give them a strong shine.

I think she looks more like a child now and less 'doll-like'.

So you'll see that I've not exactly been idle, just not here on Blogger.  I will try my best to catch up with all the blogs but I might just have to start afresh from now.  Forgive me for all the things I've missed and for not commenting.

Big hugs and enjoy your week.

Sharon in Spain xx

26 comments:

  1. Oh it's so good to see you back blogging again Sharon, and sharing your wonderful sewing spree. All the dolls look so well dressed, you do a fantastic job of choosing just the right fabrics and style for each doll.

    Sorry about your leg but those things simply happen as we age, and don't worry about trying to catch up, just keep posting!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sandi, I feel like I've been missing in action for ages and ages! I don't know who's bought what, I've probably missed so much.
      Yes you're right, things certainly do happen as we age, I feel like an old crock sometimes....no make that 'often'!!
      Big hugs xxx

      Delete
  2. P.S. I forgot to mention ... I love the job you did on Anna's eyes, they are divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much again Sandi, I'm happy that you like them.
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Hello Sharon, lovely to see you back again. Sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging. I think also the unusual times we are all living through at the moment has changed what we are doing.
    I love your new little doll and all the clothes you have made her! At least you have been enjoying lots of sewing while worrying about your leg.
    I'm glad you know what it is and are getting help. Keep up all the beautiful sewing and doll collecting , life is too short not to enjoy yourself , hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, thanks so much, it's nice to be back. I am missing for ages then suddenly I have more ideas for my blog, whether I will get to posting them is another thing of course!
      Yes, I think you're right about the times we're living in, it doesn't exactly inspire us much, does it.
      Yes I really have enjoyed doing my sewing, my dolls have so many new clothes that I really need to have a good clear out one of these days.
      Big hugs xxx

      Delete
  4. Hello Sharon!
    sorry to hear about the arthritis!
    Lovely to see you back in blogland though, and so many gorgeous photos to admire. Your new BJD is sooooooo cute! And I love all the clothes you've been making for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire,
      Thank you very much, I'm glad you're enjoying the photos. Isn't Jin cute, I really do love her funny little face, she has really been inspiring me to sew, even when the outfit is not for her!
      Big hugs xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi Sharon! Glad to see that you're back! Sorry about the arthritis, but hopefully with the painkillers you'll feel better. You've kept yourself busy sewing all those fantastic dresses! You're very skilled and all of the outfits look very well made. My favourite is the denim pinafore, but I also like the tartan one. I've pledged to learn how to sew this year for the 6th year in a row, and I've already bought some fabric, so maybe this year will be the year.

    I really like your customizations, your dolls always end up looking like real children. Which products do you use to seal the paint? I see many americans customizing dolls, but the products they use seem to be hard to find here.

    Have a lovely rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much MC, I'm glad you like the outfits. The denim pinafore came out well, I was pleased with it and had intended to 'age' it but just haven't got around to it yet...another thing to add to my 'to do' list I guess.
      The tartan one does look cute on Jin, I think she suits that old fashioned look very well.
      I'm glad you think my customs look like real children, I use Mr Super Clear Flat to seal them, I get it here in Spain...I think this latest batch came from a place called Dolls.Moe, and it came very quickly :) The benefit of buying within Spain!
      Enjoy the rest of your week too.
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Welcome back Sharon. I love your new doll, and the clothes you made for her. And you did an amazing job on those eyes! Now I'm ashamed to show the doll eyes I painted recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Tam, I hope you're well.
      I'm glad you like the new girl and her clothes, she's a funny little thing!
      No, please don't be ashamed of the eyes you've done, it took me four or five attempts before I got them to how I wanted.
      xxx

      Delete
  7. Welcome back! It's so nice to hear from you again! But I'm really sorry to hear about your arthritis... All the clothes you've made are simply wonderful and ... wow, those eyes! I was sure they are glass! They look incredibly alive. Oh, and congratulations on your new doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Oh the arthritis is a pain but thank goodness it's not life threatening, having read the internet before it was diagnosed, I had myself 'killed off' with all sorts of terminal illnesses!!!!
      I'm glad you like the clothes, it has been fun sewing again.
      Hugs xxx

      Delete
  8. Hello! Sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with your knee. Good thing that you are too young for a replacement knee and those painkillers that are strong can really make you so tired. Hope it gets better soon.

    I am happy that you have been seeing. It can be so relaxing! And your new BJD is adorable. Love the expression Jin has and her chubbiness. She has so many cute outfits too! Congrats!

    Your other girls have gotten a lot of cute clothes. Love the pinafore and striped stockings! Great work you did on Anna’s eyes.

    Good to see you back on the blog. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Niina, yes I'm glad that I'm 'too young' for at least something!! LOL
      Isn't Jin cute! I really like her and she's inspired me so much to get myself sewing again, so it's been fun.
      Hugs to you too xxx

      Delete
  9. How can you ever be too young for a knee replacement? Certainly a younger person likes to walk, too! A friend of mine got hers done at the age of 45, and she is really happy with the result.
    I love those outfits you made. My favourite is the checked dress on Noa, it suits her so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well apparently it's because the prosthetic knees don't last for more than about 15 years and they don't like to then have to do the whole thing again because of complications or something....this is not what my doctor said as she didn't elaborate, but my son's MIL has had a similar conversation with her doctor....but I don't mind, the longer I can keep this original knee I guess the better!
    Thanks for liking the outfits, I've enjoyed making them.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! I hope your knee doesn't get worse. I've heard NOT INHALING helps ;). Your girls are looking fabulous, and Nin is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, and I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to respond to you. I'll try not to inhale ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  12. So sorry that youve got arthritis, what a bummer. Lovely to see you back sewing - you are so talented, I especially love the long pinafore and stripy socks. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Tricia. I'm really enjoying sewing again to be honest, although it's got really hot at the moment and I've slacked off a bit! I'm glad you like the outfits, I really do need to 'age' that denim pinafore but just haven't got around to it yet.
      Big hugs to you xxx

      Delete
  13. Anna is absolutely beautiful. You really do create such life-like eyes.

    I know what you mean about not keeping dolls if we don't bond with them. I just got a Ruby Red Galleria BJD Lia as a convention souvenir. I am not going to keep her.

    I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorothy, thank you so much for your comment, it's good to hear from you.
      I'm feeling a lot better at the moment, thank you, my legs are less painful and I'm putting it down to the heat as it's very hot here now.
      Yes, I believe that there is really no point keeping a doll if she/he doesn't appeal to you, as there is nearly always someone out there who would love to have her.
      Big hugs xxx
      PS I'm really glad that you like Ana!

      Delete
  14. All your doll outfits are amazing. Sorry to hear that you were not feeling your best. Hope you feel better soon. Arthritis is something that my husband and I both deal with as well. Some days are better than others. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sharon, When are you going to come back and start blogging again? We all miss you. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.