FOR SALE

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Finding her feet.....or a new body for Olive!

Olive, my Jerry Berry Sleepy Berry,  has needed a new body for a while now as her original one had got very loose and she couldn't stand up without falling forward or backwards at the hip joint.  So I bought her a new body from Japan and it arrived about two weeks ago.  I fitted it and once she 'came around' from the 'operation' she was fine....of course she's had to get used to her new 'mobility' again!!!

Me: "What's up Olive?  You look a bit worried!" 

Olive: "I feel dizzy....my legs don't want to play with me today, they want to rest!" 

Me: "That's your new body Olive, you've just got to get used to it, that's all!"



Me: "Come on now, let's get you to your feet and get those new little leggies working for you!"


Olive: "My legs feel like I have eaten too many jelly babies!" 


Olive: "Wooooooaaaah!  It feels funny mum!  My knees don't want to be together anymore!"  (Such concentration on that sweet little face!) 


Me: "Now how does that feel?"

Olive: "Bit better! At least my nose doesn't hit my knees now, does it!!  And look!  I can do this!"



"And this!"


"I can lean like this!"


"And both hands out!"

Me: "Careful Olive, I think you're getting a bit too adventurous with your new body!"


"Aaaaaah! Oooops!  I think you were right mum!"  


Me: "Well while you're down there, you could check out your new ankles too!"

Olive: "They're great mum!  I can point my toes out like this!!!"


Me: "I think that's enough now for one day, don't you my dear!  You don't want to over do it now, do you!"


Olive: "Yep, I think you're right mum, I'll just sit down again on my new chair and have a little rest!  Thank you for getting me a nice new body mum, I really 'preciate it!"


Ahhh now wouldn't it be good if we could get a new body when the old one was faulty!

Thanks for reading my little 'story' of Olive's new body!


14 comments:

  1. Olive is so sweet Sharon. Love her little story of getting used to her new body, great set of photo's :) also love that Blue chair! I have a yellow one but would some other colours.
    How tall is Olive ? 6 inch? or smaller? She is just so cute!
    hugs Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Dee. I know I'm not really a story teller but Olive wanted to share how well she's doing on her new body! Yes the blue chair is the same as yours, I got another in red or cerise .... can't remember which now as it's at home and one is here with me. I will have a look in the Chinese shop next time I go, and see if they have any more.
      Olive is about 25cm (approx 10 inches??) tall including her big head, which takes a 7/8 wig to give you an idea of how big it is!!!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. So nice that Olive has her new body! And so flexible too! She has such a sweet and sad expression at the same time! What a dear little tot. Love her outfit and the stripy socks are perfect! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger, she is happy to be mobile again I can tell you!
      I'm glad you like her and her outfit, she is a funny thing, chooses all her own outfits too ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh man, I need a new body! (My knees are very wonky). Gorgeous post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You and me BOTH Sam!!! And I wouldn't mind a naturally slimmer one that could eat all it wanted too ;)
      Glad you enjoyed the post though!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. This is adorable. What kind of doll is Olive? I love the little photo story, her cute face and hair as well as her adorable outfit! Of course, I pictured the entire conversation in a British accent so it was even MORE adorable for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's a Jerry Berry basic Sleepy Berry, she has a handpainted resin head, with handpainted eyes (so beautifully detailed!) and an Obitsu body....here is their website: http://jerryberrys.net/index.php
      Oh yes, she has an English accent alright, she takes after me as I've looked after her since 'birth' although she originates in S.Korea! I'm glad you enjoyed listening to her ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  5. If only Sashas could move like Olive ....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes if only! But then we can't have everything, can we? That's why we should collect lots of different dolls LOL
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Awww we hope your heart is not broken ;)
      But are happy that you think she's so sweet!
      xxx

      Delete
  7. She is adorable. I love dolls with large heads...I don't know why. LOL! Cute photos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Happy Suz, me too! I never used to like them, but they very quickly grew on me and I even ended up with 8 Blythes.....which I still have and cannot bear to part with although never do anything with. There is just something fun about them, isn't there!
      xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.