FOR SALE

Thursday 3 September 2015

Curls for Brodie...


I had a spare couple of hours today so decided to make up a second lambswool wig, this time for Brodie my Iplehouse BID.  When I ordered her, my plan was for her to have curls but so far I've not seen a wig that I like enough to order.  So I decided to make my own using my tutorial that I posted  here .

The second piece of lambswool that I bought from FUNwithTROLLDOLLS
is dyed the same colour but the curls are slightly looser and are shorter too, at 3 inches in length.  The skin also has a sewn seam in it, which isn't a problem when making a small wig, you just work around it or place your pattern so that it runs through where it won't cause a problem.

I had to make a pattern as I'd not made a wig for Brodie before, so I did that using exactly the same method as previously except that I was more careful not to flatten or damage her applied eyelashes (basically I just left the cling film a little loose across her face.

This time I also decided to cut the finished wig into a chin length bob as I didn't want her with long hair.

And here is the finished result.  Brodie is enjoying playing with her new 'hand' puppets that I got for my dolly kids in IKEA.  The size of these 'finger puppets' is just perfect for dolls to use as hand puppets!








And she can even fit her sailor hat over the top of her curls!! :) 








I hope you've liked seeing Brodie's new hair 'do', I'm really pleased with her new look....I love her cute face and think the curls really suit her :)

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy what's left of the rest of the week!


  

14 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, I love Brodie's new wig very much! The color and the length suit her so very well. She looks precious and the hand puppets are darling too. It was so nice of you to share with us the steps to making a wig. Thank you for another lovely post! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ginger, I'm very pleased with how it turned out.
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Sharon,
    She looks fantastic! Such a little toddler wildness about her, I love it. I love the setting of the photos (colors and background) as well as the little props.
    Beautiful doll!
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farrah, that 'toddler wildness' is just what I had in mind....I love my dolls to look just like real kids (you probably guessed that by now as I'm sure I've said it before) and this is how I envisaged Brodie.
      xxx

      Delete
  3. This wig is perfect for her, I love the length and color and it goes so well with her eyes! Love the pictures too, and the "handpuppets"! You have such beautiful dolls, I always enjoy looking at your photos :-). xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Linda, I'm glad you enjoy the photos, I love showing them on here.....I wish I were more adventurous but one day maybe I will be!!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Sharon, LOVE her new wig, she looks gorgeous in it. Those loose curls look great with her little pouty face!
    Your photo's are fabulous as usual , very bad for a weak willed doll lover !! lol
    I do not want one of these girls in a wig like that.. I do not want one of these girls in a wig ..like that ... I do.... ;)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dee, glad you like it!
      I really wanted her to have curly hair, this wasn't quite the look I had in mind though, but now that she has it I'm very happy with it. I was thinking something shorter but if I cut any more off, there won't be any curls and the curls were important to me for the right look. She is supposed to be maybe from the Caribbean? She's not very dark skinned but then people come in all shades, don't they!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Just fantastic, that wig suits her perfectly!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, I'm glad you think so :)
      xxx

      Delete
  6. That wig frames her face perfectly - she looks beautiful in it!

    And those puppets are such a perfect accessory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much jSarie :)
      Aren't those puppets cute! I have passed them up before but my husband said "for goodness sake get them, you know you want them!" he didn't have to say it twice!
      xxx

      Delete
  7. She is so cute Sharon - the wig is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Tricia, I am glad you think so :)
      xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.