FOR SALE

Tuesday 14 May 2019

An amazing surprise gift....

Some of you will have already seen this on Facebook but I had to share here.  I have a lovely friend in the US who I met through my blog.  Many years ago now, my friend, who I will call J, emailed me saying that she'd found my blog and had been reading all the posts.  We started to correspond via email and became good friends.  We share a common interest in dolls but we chat about all sorts of other things too. 

A few years back my friend had a stroke and her emails stopped for a little while.  Fortunately though, her husband knows of our friendship and he wrote to tell me that J had been unwell and I continued to email with news of the things going on in my life until J was able to write back to me.

J has often written that she wanted to send me things but I have always tried to discourage her as Spanish customs are so awful and the charges so excessive, and I've always felt that she was way too generous with sending me things, but out of the blue she wrote a few weeks ago to say that a package was on it's way to me and was currently in Madrid.  I felt slightly panicked that the parcel was in customs and I would be sent a hefty charge which I couldn't afford.  Then J wrote to say that the parcel had now reached my home town's post office and was awaiting collection.

Last week I went to the post office to collect the parcel, which thankfully, had not been caught by customs.  The box was big, it had cost a lot of dollars to be sent, but what was inside?

The first thing I saw when I got into the outer shipping box was this......(Please excuse my poor photos, they were taken on my phone!!) 



I was sure that J must have been using the tube as protection for what was inside, surely this could not be who was named on the label?

But sure enough, once I opened the tube, there inside was the most precious gift, the little Gotz Toddler Iona!!!!  I could hardly believe what I was seeing... 


My dear sweet friend had sent me her Gotz Toddler Iona as a gift "to cheer me up" as she knows I have been very 'down' over the last 5 months or so.  



I could hardly believe it, my eyes filled with tears that someone would send me such a gift.  




Iona came in her original tube, wearing Toddler Elke's outfit (minus Elke's sandals) and carrying her own canvas shoes, her original bag and beanie style hat!!  Plus a pair of lovely silky knitted socks that maybe come from another Gotz Toddler?  



She is in beautiful condition, with silky soft perfect hair!  I haven't undressed her yet as I have been busy with my mum visiting but I will soon take proper photos of her and maybe dress her in something more appropriate for our warm weather.  Recently I had to put my little boy Toddler up for adoption, so this little girl will be my model when I start making Toddler clothes, hopefully very soon!

There were two other gifts in the box which I will photograph and share with you here very soon.

I am truly blessed with the dolly friends I have, I can never thank J enough for such a generous and thoughtful gift.  

Thank you for stopping by, and for sharing my lovely present with me.  


Big hugs
Sharon xx

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift from a wonderful friend. It is unexpected gifts from friends that can give you a lift that will last for months as I'm sure this gift will.
    Iona will love having a mum that can make her clothes and show her round Spain! I'm so pleased that you have Iona to lift your spirits. Big Hugs :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is, isn't she Dee! I was both shocked and amazed at such a lovely gift.
      All I've got to do now is get my finger out and start to sew again!
      Big hugs xxx

      Delete
  2. Dear Sharon, what a truly generous gift! You have been a kind friend to J over the years. She wanted to send you a gift she knew you would truly love, a doll. This doll, like your friendship with J, will be forever cherished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Dorothy, and also thank you for your Mothers Day email, which I've been meaning to respond too.....sorry for my tardiness.
      And you're right, Iona will indeed be cherished!!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. How lovely, and what a beautiful and pleasant surprise for you Sharon. There's nothing better in the world than for someone like us dolly lovers to receive, than a gorgeous doll. Now we shall all look forward to the fabulous clothes that will surely follow. :)
    Sending you big fluffy warm hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Sandy, it was a really super surprise to receive, I was so in shock when I opened the box!!!
      Big warm hugs to you too my dear!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. That is a truly beautiful gift from a dear friend. Iona looks adorable with such a sweet soft expression. I'm glad it cheered you up. I'm sorry to hear you have been feeling a little under the weather for a while. Sending you lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alasse, you're so right!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. That's so amazing that there is so much kindness among dolly people. It's one of the best things that I discovered since I started collecting dolls. :)
    Iona is so beautiful and delicate. She's a wonderful gift and I'm so happy you have such amazing friend. :) I hope she will cheer you up every time you will look at her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have found that dolly people really are very generous and warm hearted, it was such a lovely gift and really cheered me up.
      Thank you, she is a little sweetie, isn't she!
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Such a wonderful and thoughtful gift from your lovely friend! The best thing ever and it sure did cheer you up! I am so happy for that, no fun to be feeling unwell. Treasure her and big hugs to you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niina, she really is lovely and so is the doll!! I am very lucky indeed.
      Big hugs xxx

      Delete
  7. Aw! What a sweet person. Never look at gift doll in the mouth. Your friend wanted to send you a gift from her heart. I'm sure sending it made her feel just as good as it made you feel,so just enjoy along with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tam, I'm very lucky and it was indeed a super gift to receive.
      I think you're right in what you say, J did seem very happy to be sending me something!!
      xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.