FOR SALE

Saturday 11 August 2012

Busy, busy, busy and hot, hot, hot.....

Yesterday, having been sewing all week, I decided it was time for a rest.  But before I started on something entirely different, I took my Kaye Wiggs Hope up to the top of our town to take some photos.  It was very very hot, even though I went as early as possible, and so I didn't hang about, but got some quite good photos of her in her new outfit which is soon to be listed for sale on ebay.  Here is a sneak preview of the 4 piece outfit that I finished yesterday:


Apparently the whole of Spain is on red alert for bush fires as the temperatures have been so incredibly high.  Yesterday the thermometre in our car registered 49C and that was in the shade.  But today it is 'cooler' only reaching a mere 44C in the shaded part of our garden!!!  Thank goodness for our portable air con unit, I don't know where we'd be without it!!!

So back to yesterday, whilst up there, I took some random photos of the convent and the church, which I thought I'd share.  The buildings date back hundreds of years and are still occupied by religious orders.  Here are just a few of the photos that I took:









  When it's not so hot, I love to wander through the pine trees up here because it is beautifully peaceful and the views over our town are really lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after moderation.