FOR SALE

Thursday 6 June 2013

A little dress for Ellory...

I had a little bit of dolly time the other day and decided to make a new summer dress for Ellory my red headed girl.  She last had something new at Easter, so I thought it was about time that she had something else.  Anyway, I used a pattern that I'd found on-line and decided that it would be the perfect 'beach' dress for little Ellory.  I wanted it to be shorter than the pattern so took a couple of centimetres off the bottom, added a fake 'placket' down the front and lined it to about the waist.  It didn't take long to make and she's happy with it, but I have already redrawn the pattern as I think the armholes are a little too big and the neckline is a little too low and wide.  The next one I make will hopefully fit better on her.  The fabric was some I'd had for ages and I thought it would suit the style of the dress, sort of 70s inspired I suppose...but not quite!!




Whilst my mum and brother have been here, we've been out and about most days, hence my lack of posting and any dolly stuff, but I spotted this restaurant's advertising board on the promenade at Torrox Costa.  Is this what our Sasha's do when we're not around?  Open their own restaurants and bars???? ;-)


We also had a walk around Nerja, which as I've mentioned several times on my blog, is one of my favourite places.  It was really hot and so a nice stroll along the Balcon d'Europa, was order of the day, because it usually has a nice sea breeze.  This is one of my favourite views, looking through the archways towards the mountains and the sea.  I love the different shapes and the contrast of light and shadow, and of course the pots of mainly geraniums hanging on the wall.   

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE the little dress Sharon, it is perfect for summer and the lovely warm days you have. Ellory looks great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon I do love the colour of Ellory's new dress. Also love the was you have adjusted it, her bucket and spade are just great,and the rights size,I have some but they are a little big really.

    When you passed that Sasha restaurant you did not see a small brunette Gregor by the name of Tate did you?
    Only he escaped from the Ice queen a while back and he may have crossed the channel to get some sun after his last 'home' .. :)
    Love that sea through the arches in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks on the dress Dee!
      Well I tried to look in the restaurant but it was a bit dark inside, so there could easily have been a little Gregor boy working in the kitchens there....I will try some undercover work next time I go down there!!! ;)

      Delete
  3. It's a lovely dress and the colour looks great on Ellory. I really love the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellory's dress is lovely. Nerja is beautiful from your photo. Fantastic view. Makes me want to visit Spain again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Nerja really is a nice town, I just love the views from the Balcon d'Europa. Yes, you should indeed visit again!

      Delete
  5. The dress is lovely, though I know what you mean about the armholes. isn't it good having the skill to adapt patterns? I have been doing a bit of pattern adapting this week, with reasonable results (not yet photographed)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much DollMum, and yes, you're right, it does helps so much being able to adapt patterns. And the great thing is, this time I actually redrew the pattern straight away instead of leaving it and then the next time not being able to remember what the adjustments should be!!!
      I look forward to seeing what you've been up to!

      Delete
  6. What are you doing Sharon...she is a tomboy! You can't put her in pretty dresses??:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Ronny, she is a tomboy but she will wear dresses if they are not frilly and when she can choose the fabric herself. She still prefers trousers and jeans but she realises that they make you feel ever so hot in 30c plus temperatures!!!

      Delete
  7. But why is that Sasha advertising only in Spanish and German?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an area popular with Germans in Spain, so I guess that's why.

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.