So after some consideration, I sent her head off to Shelly to have her eyes repainted. I was delighted with Shelly's work but still there was something "not quite right" about the doll. I realised it was her hair. Although it was full and thick and non falling, it was also very very artificial looking, it had too much 'shine' and to be quite honest, too much hair for a small girl, so I cut it into a very short bob.
But still I couldn't bond with her. I didn't want to sell her as I loved her new eyes. I kept her like this for a while but all the time wondering if I should reroot her.
Finally today, I took the scissors to her and gave her a haircut....I removed all her hair and rewigged her with the lambswool wig I had made by Mary Madeco-Smith last summer. And then I decided that I'd already done enough damage to her so I added some freckles and finally I gave her some blush! I know the English Sashas don't usually have blush, but I gave it to her all the same.
Now I'm really pleased with her new look. She finally has the character that I wanted and I feel that her look now really matches with her pretty eyes! Eventually I might still reroot her, but for now here she is:
This little Sasha really has gone through a transformation!!!