FOR SALE

Thursday 11 September 2014

Early risers....

Isn't it amazing how easily kids can get out of bed when they are going somewhere nice but find it so hard to come out from under the duvet when they have to go to school! ;)

The three Little Darling girls, Ellie, Finn and Reece,  were so excited to be going to the beach so early to watch Brendan fish.  


It was still dark when we got up and walked across the road to the beach, the clean up crew were just passing by, picking up any rubbish left by beach goers at the weekend....they come by every morning about this time, the crew pick up rubbish and put it into sacks whilst being followed by the tractor who collects all the sacks.  They are always friendly and jolly for the time of day!!! :)  The girls were fascinated to see them so busy!



The girls set their towel on the sand and whipped off their socks and shoes.....Ellie was still a bit tired, so she laid down on the towel whilst Finn and Reece waited for the sun to rise.


Once the sun was on it's way up, it rose very quickly.....Ellie suddenly became very 'awake' calling the other two to see the sun coming up....



In the meantime, Brendan caught his first fish of the day, Ellie was really interested...."Can we take it home for a pet Mum?" she said




Thankfully though, as it wasn't a fish that we fancied eating, it went straight back into the sea!

Soon the girls were excited to see that the sun was just coming up over the horizon.....the sky started to change from very dark, to grey, to orangey red as the sun rose further!  Finn watched the whole time, not wanting to miss a second of the start of a new day!



"Here it comes!" she calls to the other two!






That was their cue for the girls to enjoy another day at the beach!









You never know, next year I might even make time to sew them some swimwear....and remember to bring their buckets and spades to the coast with me! ;)


19 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Sharon! The photographs are wonderful, and the girls too! I love the pictures of the sunrise :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Night Owl, glad you enjoyed all the photos!
      Hugs Sharon xx

      Delete
  2. Glorious sunrise, I could sense the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the sunrise lovely DollMum, every day when I see it, I thank my lucky stars that I have the opportunity to see it!!
      Hugs Sharon xx

      Delete
  3. Gosh, that was an early start for you all! The photos are fabulous though, not sure how you managed that with so little light - huge credit! Beautiful - I felt right there when I read your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Maxine, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have to admit though that the sunrise is later here being further south than the UK, so I didn't have to get up as early as I would were I hoping to photograph the UK sunrise! :) thank goodness!
      I love the beach at this early time of the day though, it's just so peaceful!
      Hugs Sharon xx

      Delete
  4. How marvellous for you all to see this rising of the sun and start to yet another glorious day. Well worth the effort of such an early 'getting up'.....and especially for us to reap the reward of seeing these magnificent photos too!
    (Having now seen the rising and setting of the sun (complete with dolls) how about a midday full sun, crowded beach photo with your doll's.... so that we can get the full picture???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Kendal, glad you enjoyed them.
      As for taking my dolls to the beach in the middle of the day, probably not 'gonna happen'...although I don't mind taking photos of the beach during the day for you....I just don't have your confidence to be able to take dolly photos so publicly!! I wish I did!
      And the great thing is, because we're not in a touristy area, thankfully the beach isn't crowded at all, and still I don't feel comfy taking doll photos!
      Hugs Sharon xx

      Delete
  5. What lovely photos Sharon.
    What is the building on the promontory ? Is it a light house?
    How lovely to be able to go to the beach so early in the morning, we could feel the atmosphere from here :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Rosie, glad you enjoyed them.
      The building is a watch tower I believe, although I'm not sure from which period....I will have to make some enquiries.
      Yes it is lovely to go to the beach early, and the water feels so nice then too, because of the air temperature being cooler. I love it.
      Hugs Sharon xx

      Delete
  6. Great set of photo's Sharon, love the girls enjoying time on the beach waiting for the sun to rise and Brendan to catch a fish!!
    hugs Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dee, glad you liked them. I hope you had a great holiday too!
      Hugs Sharon xx

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful place to show your pretty girls! I love seeing the sun rise and it is nice to catch a fish too! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Ginger, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos of the girls!
      Hugs Sharon xx

      Delete
  8. I love this post - the Little Darings look so real and the photos of the sunrise are stunning.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jenni, I'm really happy that you enjoyed the photos. The girls loved seeing the sunset ;)
      Hugs Sharon xx

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful dolls! I didn't know Little Darling dolls by Dianna Effner before. Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you very much Maverika, and thank you also for your visit, I hope you'll visit again sometime!
      xxx

      Delete
  10. romantyczna wyprawa udana!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.