FOR SALE

Saturday 23 April 2016

A little outing for Leoni...

I know we normally have our little 'dolly outings' on a Sunday but today we went out for lunch and I decided to take Leoni, my Zwergnase Junior Violet, out with me and take some photos afterwards.

We went to the beach first, it was lovely, very quiet and not many people about, although the chiringuito (beach bar/cafe) was quite busy.  A few 'hardy souls' were actually swimming....ooooh I'm sure the water was pretty cold at this time of year not having had the summer sunshine to warm it up a bit.  There were a few groups of people sunbathing too as it was warm enough to get a tan for sure!



Leoni  enjoyed a stroll along the edge of the beach, not venturing too far because she had her new suede boots on and didn't want them ruined ;)



 
I really like how realistically Leoni is posing in the photos below, the uneven ground worked well with her non jointed legs :)
 


Reflections of the palm trees on the puddles behind her, puddles left after a recent big storm...



I put Leoni's hair into two braids today to keep it off her face in the breeze, I really like how it looks....and of course it keeps her wild curls more tamed!




On the way home we stopped for me to take some photos by some sandstone rock faces across the road from the beach.  These are just a 10 minute walk along the road from us here at the coast but I've never stopped to look closely at the before.

Leoni amongst the wild daisies....the air had a wonderful scent of wild thyme as we walked through it.


The sandstone 'caves'...


I couldn't climb up these rocks but Leoni was quite happy to do so!



I would love to know who or what formed these 'caves' ....they don't seem to be very deep into the rock face.



A wild pomegranate tree, they seem to thrive well in the dusty Andalucian soil.


Thank you for stopping by my blog, I hope you've enjoyed seeing Leoni out and about today.  I hope you all have a lovely weekend and enjoy the week ahead.



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I've never seen even a photo of a pomegranate tree, so that is pretty cool. I love the photo of Leoni and the palm tree puddles. She looks so adorable with her braids. I have always had a fascination with caves and have hoped to see those famous ones in France (Lascoux...or something like that!). Thanks for showing your lovely outings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Farrah, glad you enjoyed seeing the photos. Pomegranate trees are very spiky and vicious but I risk getting scratched so that I can pick a couple to take home for Mango our parrot who loves the seeds inside.
      I love caves too, there is a big cave near where we live but it's high up the side of a steep hill/slope so I have never risked climbing up there....but I suspect it was used by people to hide in back in the days of the Spanish Civil war!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely fascinating scenery today...just adored the beaches/sea views, sandstone caves, wild daises and palm tree reflections...BUT, in spite of Leonie posing so attractively, I still remain quite firmly 'only a Sasha Doll lover' (with the Little Darlings in second place!)
    Thanks for sharing these wonderful outings with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Kendal, glad you enjoyed the photos....even if they are of dolls that do not interest you much!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Wonderful sea views of lovely empty beaches.. that won't last! :) Leonie looks lovely in her brown spot dungarees with her new suede boots and plaited hair. The sandstone caves are very interesting. Looks like a lovely time was had by all :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee and no, the beaches will start to fill up a bit more at weekends soon, and then come the middle of June when the Spanish children finish school for the summer, the weekdays will be busy too. Fortunately though, this side of Malaga is much quieter than on the west side...so we do have space on our beaches :)
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Sharon
    I love the photos. And I like the girl with painted eyes and her pensive mood. The brown polka-dot dungarees is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Barbara, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. It's nice to have you here to visit with us :)
      xxx

      Delete
  5. A very beautiful post Sharon! I think that Leonie's hair looks fantastic braided....just so very pretty. I love your dotted dungarees too and her fab boots. The scenery is stunning as always and the sandstone cave photos are fascinating to see. Thank you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ginger, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
      I do like curly hair braided, and it does keep it nice and tidy, and stopped her from being hidden behind her hair when it was breezy!
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Sure gorgeous scenery! All these photos are fabulous but I especially like the one of Leoni in front of the big beach puddle there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much JS! If she'd had her wellies on I would have posed her actually in the puddles but didn't want to ruin her nice suede boots!!
      xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.