FOR SALE

Thursday 7 April 2016

The Sashas get spruced up for Spring!

Today I got the four Sashas that I have with me, ready for Spring, and decided it was time they had some new photos taken.  I know that Bailey had some photos taken on Sunday but since then she has got a new wig.  Because Toddler Teddy is here with me too, he likes to have his photo taken with his sisters....well maybe a bit of 'gentle persuasion' of an ice cream afterwards, did help a little! ;)

Firstly we have Nuria, my 1968 Ballet girl, she is wearing a dress that I made just from measurements, without a pattern, approx three and a half years ago, in anticipation of my first Sasha arriving.  Whilst the doll in question, Millie, was en transit from the UK, I panicked thinking "oh  my goodness, she'll have nothing to wear!"  So I quickly got measurements from someone and made this simple summer dress from some shirting fabric I had, then tea dyed the lace for the bottom.  The dress is a little long as I prefer my dresses nice and short, and the bodice isn't a perfect fit, but Nuria suits the colours so well with her red hair, that she wanted to wear it.  Who am I to turn her down!  Her socks are by me and her lovely brown leather shoes are by the late great Jean Jensen.



Next we have Wren, my Kilt girl from 1968/9.  She is wearing a dress I made last year I think it was, the colour goes so well with her eyes, the perfect matching blue!  Although you can't see her shoes and socks in this photo, below in the group photos you will see she is wearing lovely pale blue shoes, again by Jean Jensen and white socks by me.  (Please excuse her dodgy fringe!)



Next we have Bailey, my once Brunette Sasha from 1971.  Yesterday she received this new Pintucks wig from Brenda Walton in the UK, and after I washed and conditioned it we put it into two pigtails (inspired by Sarah Williams) and added some strips of blue and white Paisley fabric.  Her outfit is made by me and her navy blue shoes are again by Jean Jensen.




Now we have another little sweetie, Skye.  Skye would be described as a 'waif' as I cut the length of her hair into this bob as the ends were very dry.  She is from 1969.  She's wearing an aqua check dress that I made, along with her socks, and this time, her lovely mustard yellow shoes are from Marti Sanders Murphy in the US.  They were a very kind Christmas gift to me from a dear Sasha friend :)



The lineup wouldn't be complete without my one and only Toddler, Theodore or Teddy as he is known to his friends!  Teddy is a Gotz Erik and is well loved by myself and the rest of my Sasha/Gregor family.  He's wearing an outfit I made for him, and Gotz 'suede' sneakers.




Finally some photos of them all together. 




Thank you for stopping by my blog, I hope you all have a lovely weekend!


18 comments:

  1. They are such a lovely bunch and all set for spring in the Spenish garden. Edmund says 'hi' to Teddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DollMum! Teddy is waving back at Edmund :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Wonderful group of Sasha's and toddler you have there Sharon. All wearing some lovely clothes for Spring, look like their about to go off on holiday even though their always on holiday in that lovely sunshine :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee! Don't mention holidays, they will want me to take them to the beach!!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. They're such a great-looking group!

    I love that first shot of Wren - the matching eye and outfit colours and then the contrast of the flower are a fabulous combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much JS, I have to admit that Wren is one of my favourites! ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Sharon,
    What beautifully dresses "children" you have there. I particularly like Skye's dress, and have been meaning to try sewing some pleated dresses myself, but somehow never quite get there. The colours you have dressed them in suits each one really well. Now if you could just send me some sunshine, my day would be complete. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Xanadu
      Thank you very much. I made that pleated dress a couple of years back and I really like the simple check fabric....I had a lot of it but cannot for the life of me remember what I did with it, although I remember making a dress and matching knickers for my friend's first grandchild...and she's now about 8!!!!
      I'll try to send you some sunshine in a padded envelope! ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi kids! Are you enjoying the sunshine?
    I specially love the little foxy top that Teddy is wearing, Sharon. Is it a transfer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jen, and yes I think they are enjoying the sunshine....although the dogs kept knocking the poor kids over!
      yes, Teddy's tee shirt is a transfer, I found the picture on line and just adapted it to fit and then ironed it on. It was that, or throw the tee shirt away because it was just a prototype.
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Hi Sharon,
    What a beautiful little troupe of Sasha's you have here! I first learned of Sasha dolls here on your blog and they are such gorgeous dolls. I am in love with your little Bailey as I am always a sucker for brown eyes. Beautiful outfits on everyone and I especially love Nuria's dress.
    I love the change of seasons..I am looking forward to redressing my larger dolls in some warmer weather clothes, but we just got about 6 inches of snow on Monday, so I'm not quite ready yet!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Farrah, glad you like them. I'm a sucker for brown eyes too, although on the Sashas I do like both colours and the blues can show up very nicely in photos whereas sometimes it's harder to photograph the browns.
      Oh boy, snow, in April, not good. I hope it warms up for you soon!
      xxx

      Delete
  7. Very well-dressed girls (and boy) and great photos!

    Bailey's new wig looks gorgeous, though I found her "old" wig suited her well, too. I have a Pintucks wig waiting in my cupboard - I still have to find a waif who needs it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Ursula. I do like the older wig on her and it's likely that she'll even go back to her 'older than that one' wig one of these days, because I can never find just the right look for her. She was once a rooted brunette and I've never been able to get that original look out of my head, but never been able to replicate it either. :(
      xxx

      Delete
  8. A superb Spring line up in that glorious Spanish sunshine! 'What more could a woman want!?!?'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Kendal, what indeed :)
      xxx

      Delete
  9. Your lovely Sasha family looks fantastic in the sunshine and wearing such beautiful Spring weather outfits. I like Bailey's new pintucks wig and her hair gathered in bunches. Your Nuria is absolutely stunning but so is Wren and Skye too. The colors of their outfits suit them perfectly. It is so nice to see them all together with Teddy too. Thank you for a very lovely and sunny post. It lifts my spirits! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ginger, you always say the nicest things :)
      I'm so glad it lifted your spirits....
      xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.