I'm very happy to say that yesterday I finished all the work on the custom Blythe that I've been doing for a lady in the US. I gave her her hair treatment last night and then cut about 2 inches from the length of the hair as the client wanted the hair to be more managable. I must admit that I was a bit nervous of cutting too much off because if I'd taken off too much, well, it's not like it's going to grow again, :) but I hope this will be just the right length. This particular Blythe, Manuheali'i Paradise Girl, comes with very long hair, right down to her ankles and it is very thick and has a tendancy to be dry at the ends, so now it is a bit shorter but still long enough to be styled in different ways. It is now also lovely and soft and silky, with a great shine.
This morning I added the final touches which are the charms on the pull strings. Unfortunately between adding them and taking her outside for photographs, the sleep pull cord has twisted and looks 'odd' so that will have to be replaced this afternoon before I can package her up for sending home. That is of course if her 'mum' is happy with the finished result.
She has four sets of beautifully handpainted eyechips by Liquiriziadolly in the UK.....I love how they look and am tempted to get some for my own girls....although having said that, I really would like to have a another go at painting some more myself, it is just a matter of taking the time to get the paint and other supplies needed to do them.
Here are the final photos of her: