FOR SALE

Monday 19 November 2012

My first Sasha....a Gregor!

My first Sasha doll arrived today, he is a blond boy Gregor and his name is Devon! 
It is amazing to think that he was made in 1969, he is in great condition and has lovely thick hair and nice face painting without any rubs. 

As soon as he arrived he was in a bad mood because he thought his 'sister' would be here but she is yet to arrive from the UK, but I'm sure she will get here soon. 

In the meantime, he got himself changed out of his travel clothes and into a long sleeved tee shirt that I made for him yesterday, in anticipation of his arrival.  I knew that he would be arriving in a short sleeve top and it's a bit chilly for that now, so long sleeves were in order.  However, he is still wearing shorts until I make a pattern for some trousers for him, and we found him some socks and a different pair of trainers.  He also decided that he was going to wear this giraffe hat that he found in the clothing box.....it belongs to one of my Blythe girls but he wasn't worried, because apparently, he tells me that he loves animals, so this hat was just right for him!!


After changing his clothes he decided to take a look around the garden.  He was amazed at the lemon tree which is packed with almost ripe lemons....he said he thought you had to buy lemons at the supermarket...bless him!!
 


He did a bit of climbing, as boys do,


...and afterwards made friends with a little English Bulldog who lives here, his name is Arthur and it seems that Devon and Arthur are already firm friends!!!
 


We snapped a quick Polariod photo so that he could remember the day when he arrived here to live in Spain...






20 comments:

  1. Devon seems to be really sweet. I mean just the fact that he loves animals . . . . How big is he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lene! He's about 16 inches tall. Yes, he loves animals which is just as well really with my dogs and parrots!!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Sharon - he's gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of his friend... Jocelyn in Milton Keynes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jocelyn! I think his sister should arrive this week sometime. She was posted on the same day as him last week, from Shelly in the UK, so a couple more days I think!

      Delete
    2. Ah yes - sister, sorry. Although a sister can be a friend.

      Delete
  3. He's really cute Sharon, looking forward to seeing him with his sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathryn....it's funny to see a Sasha again in the flesh for the first time in 40 years!!! And he's wearing much better than I am!

      Delete
  4. Glad he arrived safely to his new home in Spain and that you are pleased with him! I like his new name, when he lived with me he used to be called Henry after one of my rescue basset hounds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, he arrived today and I'm very happy with him. I like the name Henry but there is another Henry that we follow here on Blogger, so he said his name is Devon!! Ahh so that would explain why he likes dogs so much, he was named after one! LOL!

      Delete
    2. You won't believe this but my Basset Henry was rescued from DEVON ...it took us hours to get there!

      Delete
    3. Really? That's a weird coincidence....the other one is, I had drawn up a short list of names and would you believe the name 'elliot' was one of the names in the running!!

      Delete
  5. He is great Sharon, and looks like he has settled in very quickly indeed. Love his name and the polaroid shot of him is priceless :-) He seems to have found the perfect friend in Arthur. Henry waves hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Serenata, and yes, he does seem to be making himself at home quite quickly! LOL.
      I thought the polaroid was quite appropriate for the age of him, I think they were around about that time perhaps?
      Hello handsome Henry!!!

      Delete
  6. Hi Sharon, he is absolutely adorable!!! You have given him a great name. It suits him. What a boy! I look forward to seeing lots of him on your blog, which, by the way, is GREAT! xxx Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Karin! I promise he'll be on here often....and I'm glad to read that you're enjoying my blog!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Randomfish! Glad you like my new boy!

      Delete
  8. I'm amazed with the lemons as well. It looks like has has found a wonderful new home. I look forward to seeing him united with his sister. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! Yes, the lemons are wonderful. I remember when we first moved to Spain and the lemon trees were full of fruit...it was wonderful to just get a lemon from the garden! To be honest the novelty still hasn't worn off, we still hate to pick them from the trees and tend to use those that fall off before picking any!! And now we have wonderful oranges too, now those are delicious straight off the tree too, and yes, we do pick those!

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.