FOR SALE

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Sky Blue for Skye...

At the weekend Skye reminded me that I'd not yet made her a summer dress as I'd promised, so I quickly sewed up this simple summer 'shift' type dress in two lovely blue and white fabrics that I recently bought.  I love blue and white, they are easily my favourite colours together, and I am happy with how this little dress turned out.  I think it goes very well with her eyes, bringing out the beautiful blue of the handpainting....she really is a very pretty girl, wouldn't you agree! :)










10 comments:

  1. The perfect colour for you Skye. Goes beautifully with your lovely eyes. Love photo 4.
    hugs Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks really lovely S...Loving that shift dress..

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so cute! I love the style of dress as well as the patterns. They look really nice together. These Sasha dolls are so unique. I can't put my finger on it, but the more I look at them, the more I love their faces. How tall are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farrah Lily! :)
      They range from about 15.5 inches and 16.5/17 inches I think. The older girls are smaller, they got bigger about 1979 I think it was. They also seem to vary a little bit in height even from the same year! I think it just depended on how they were pulled out of the mould or something.
      xxx

      Delete
  4. I just love it when two contrasting materials are used. in one item. Beautiful doll, super outfit, great posing, clever mother! New trellis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kendal! :) Me too on the fabric, I love to mix and match, I love looking for that 'connecting' factor between the fabrics too....it's good fun!
      The trellis isn't new as we bought it last year, but we'd not used it until now. We bought new furniture for the deck, which is what my girl is standing on, but I thought the trellis gave a bit of height behind it. It's coming in useful because my dolls can stand there without falling straight off the deck on to the grass!
      xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.