FOR SALE

Saturday 2 May 2015

The Little Darlings family.....

A few of my friends have asked to see all of my Little Darlings together so that they can compare them, so I thought I'd share some photos that I took today of all four of them and also with little Pip, my Ten Ping!  There are quite a few photos, so I hope you're not in any rush ;)

L to R: Finn (#2 sculpt painted by Pat Green), Reece (#2 sculpt factory painted Ana with enhanced eyes by me), Ellie (#1 sculpt painted by Dianna Effner) and Gem (#2 sculpt painted by Dianna Effner)




Below the girls have moved around in the line- up and you can see the differences to their 'skin' tone.   Gem, the new girl, now shown second from left, has a darker skin tone than Ellie and Finn, but is very similar in shade to Reece, the factory painted girl shown second from right.


Here, below, are my three #2 sculpt girls together, L to R, Finn painted by Pat Green, Gem painted by Dianna Effner and Reece, factory painted girl.  Although all three girls are the same sculpt, the #2 or the 'Asian' sculpt as I believe Dianna originally named it, because of the different ways in which they've been painted, they look fairly different.  Finn in particular looks less Asian, maybe purely because she has lighter eyes, as we tend to associate darker eyes with Asian people.


The two brown eyed #2 sculpts, Reece left (factory painted) and Gem (painted by Dianna Effner)  Seeing the two girls side by side you can see that they do look very Asian with their lovely almond shaped eyes.  Some people don't consider the factory painted girls to be of the same 'calibre' as the handpainted ones, and although I appreciate that a lot of work goes into the handpainting of the eyes, I have to say that I'm incredibly happy with my little factory painted girl.  As far as I'm concerned she is every bit as lovely as the handpainted girls!  :)   Although I admit I'm prejudiced! 


Below we have my two girls painted by Dianna Effner, Ellie the #1 sculpt on the left and Gem, #2 sculpt on the right.  Dianna painted Ellie in February 2014 and Gem is an older girl, having been painted in November 2010.  The difference in their 'skin' tone in this photo is very obvious to see.  Ellie has a lighter 'rosier' complexion whilst Gem has a more olive skin tone.  Both girls have brown eyes but Gem's are definitely very dark, almost black and her eyebrows are very fine compared to Ellie's thicker, darker ones.  I do feel very privileged to have both girls as I believe the waiting list for one of Dianna's handpainted dolls is at least 2 years!


Here are some individual photos of the girls ~ Gem:





Ellie, not a great photo though!


Gem again!


Reece, looking very serious!


And Finn, looking startled!  I have struggled with finding just the right wig for Finn and have another currently on order.  I hope that when it arrives it will be perfect for her.  I don't like the wig in the photo below, it looks too 'big' for her although it is her size!!


Finally, as requested, we bring little Pip (Ten Ping by Ruby Red Galleria) into the equation!  She looks very tiny in comparison to the Little Darlings but I do think with her Asian look she makes a cute little sister for Gem! 



 Sisters!






I hope you've enjoyed seeing all the girls together and the comparisons.  If you'd like to see any other comparisons then please let me know in the comments and if I can, I will do them for you!

Thanks for looking and gave a great weekend!



18 comments:

  1. Squeeee! They're so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much TigerAnne, I'm glad you like them!!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. A fabulous post Sharon! I love all of the comparative photos of your precious Little Darlings. Thank you for providing their details too and it is nice to know which are hand painted and who the artist is as well as the factory paintings. My favorite LD is Ellie, she is a love and her expression is very wonderful! My favorite photos are those of Pip and Gem!!! Thank you for showing them together and they do look like sisters. The last photo is just the best and I can see why you framed it. Thank you for sharing these beautiful girls :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Ginger! We need to see more of your pretty girl though, don't we? ;)
      Ellie does seem to have a big 'fanbase' doesn't she! So many people tell me that she is their favourite....it's a wonder she hasn't got a big head but no, she still remains the sweet little girl despite the attention! LOL
      Yes, Pip and Gem do work well together, I'm not sure she will always hang out with the Little Darlings but for now it works!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeously adorable group!

    They all have such expressive faces - it's wonderful seeing them all together like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much jSarie, I'm happy you enjoyed seeing them together. :)
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Oh love all your dolls also the mini one... but my favorite is Ellie ... Her face her eyes are so perfect... She is on my wish list ;0) Always happy to see some pictures of her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Saphira....you too are an Ellie fan? This girl is spoilt with so many people liking her best!!
      I promise to keep the photos coming of her then ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Wonderful set of girls you have there Sharon. Love all of them each different even though three are same sculpt. I also love Gem more Asian look and little Pip look the perfect baby sister to her.
    Great set of photos also. Did you make Gem's dress? I do love it.
    Hugs Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dee, glad you enjoyed seeing them again.
      And yes thank you, I did indeed make Gem's dress but some time ago now....I think I should have run the iron over it, don't you? It is actually a double layer dress then a pinafore over the top. I've only used the pattern once but one of these days plan on making another.
      xxx

      Delete
  6. I will not make a lot of words just telling you .... Wow ... I love them all ... wonderful little darlings! <3 Gem is my favorite :-) Hugs Liss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Liss, I'm glad you love them!
      xxx

      Delete
  7. Why is it, when I see a group of dolls, I feel compelled to chose a favourite?! Lol they're lovely girls x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can see that all the Little Darlings are from the same maker even though they are all so different in character. Do they ever get up to mischief - they look very well behaved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So neat to see them all in a row! I love Ellie and Reece the most, but they are all terribly adorable! <3 It is amazing how different the same sculpt can look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would so love a couple of these...they are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet...all of them. I love all of their dresses-especially Reece's. I love learning so much about them through this blog. They are just beyond cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola Sharon,
    Desearia saber como puedo adquirir una o varias de estas preciosas muñecas.

    Son las muñecas mas hermosas que he visto en mi vida.

    Muchas gracias

    Nieves

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.