FOR SALE

Monday 17 August 2015

A little dress for a Little Gem!

I heard last week that my two new Little Darlings are now on their way home from the artist, Nelly Valentino, they have been on order since January and where most people are organised and make something nice for their girls to wear in advance of their arrival, I'm totally disorganised when it comes to my own dolls and it's only now that I realised poor Gem, who's been here since the end of April and still I'd not made her anything that was just 'hers'!  She's had to share with the others until now.  So yesterday I quickly took some time betweem commissions, to make her this sweet summer dress in navy and white fine gingham, accented with red and beige patterned ribbon and red buttons.  The dress is double breasted and front opening and the bodice is lined.  The fit of the pattern isn't perfect yet but I'm working on it!

I added red socks and white shoes....I wanted her to wear striped socks but one of the other girls had already nabbed them!  That's the problem when you have several girls of the same size, someone is always already wearing what you want for another doll!

So here's Gem, Little Darling #2 sculpt Zoe, handpainted in 2010 by Dianna Effner:






14 comments:

  1. Gem looks lovely in her new dress Sharon. I love the colour combination which looks so nice on her.
    Glad you made her an outfit before the others arrived or she might have thought you did not love her! and with that sweet face whats not to love!
    Hugs Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dee, I am happy that you like it. And yes, I had to make her something, poor girl, before the others came! I cannot fail but to love her though!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. She looks so very happy and pleased with her new wonderful dress, made especially for her.
    (I just love these little doll's legs and footwear.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kendal and yes, I know what you mean about their legs and footwear, they do have sweet little legs. I have a thing ab out dolls knees and legs!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. That dress looks wonderful on her. And I love how the red buttons work so well with the red in her headband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much jSarie, I'm glad you like it!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. What a sweet, sweet doll...I just love her! I think the dress is FABULOUS. So perfect for her. Love the little red socks and her little monkey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Farrah Lily, I'm glad you love her, she and her sisters are very special to me :)
      xxx

      Delete
  5. A great design for these little girls, Sharon, and the gingham checks are a perfect size for her.
    Love these little girls with short bobs. I think their features show far better than with long locks and they look far more like little girls. She's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jen, glad you like it.....I always like them with shorter hair too, because they can get so overwhelmed by some of the long haired wigs out there, just too much hair for them. I think it's why I like either shorter wigs or those made from faux mohair as it's more in scale.
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful girl in a gorgeous little outfit x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Louise! Glad you like her and her little dress!
      xxx

      Delete
  7. I love your sweet Gem dear Sharon. She is indeed a gem! Her new outfit is perfect for her and I so love her headband with the red hearts and more of that special trimming on the hem of her dress and all tying in nicely with her red socks. A darling little monkey too that reminds me of the Lonely Hearts doll's stuffed animals. A perfect size for Gem. A great post! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks you very much Ginger, it's lovely that you like the outfit and Gem too, she is very special to me...well they all are really !!!!
      And you're right, that little monkey is indeed from the Lonely Hearts range, a friend in the US sent it to me some years back and so my girls all share it!!! It's a great size for them and also because the paws have velcro on them, they can hold him without dropping him :)
      xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.