FOR SALE

Monday 3 August 2015

A new arrival!

Today I had a new little girlie arrive here to join my 'Sharon in Spain' dolls and what a cutie she is too!  Actually, the truth is I've had two dolls arrive within the last couple of days because another sweet girl arrived here on Saturday, but I will post her tomorrow, hopefully, as this one was ordered first.....she just arrived second!

The little girl who arrived today is an Iplehouse BID Bordy in 'special real skin' which is a light tan colour resin.  Iplehouse is a BJD company in South Korea and BID basically just means Baby Iplehouse Doll.   I ordered Bordy on the 15th June and wasn't really expecting her to arrive until late August/early September as they state on their website 60 working days to produce.  However, I was amazed when I received notification that she'd shipped on the 30th June!  She arrived in Spain on the 3rd July and as usual went straight into Spanish Customs......(just in case you're new to reading my blog, I wany to add here that I absolutely HATE Spanish Customs.....) and finally after having to pay her hefty ransom, she was released Friday and arrived here this afternoon.

She is 26cm tall and multi jointed.  She wears a size 6/7 inch wig, although I feel she'd be better off nearer to 6 than 7.  She came bald as I couldn't decide on a wig from their site, but I did add a couple of cute hoodies to the order as they were so reasonably priced, although it's far too hot to even try them on at the moment, so she'll keep them until the weather cools a bit.  Her eyes were blue acrylic and true to form they came straight out and were changed for these dark glass ones.  She's been through the clothing box and chosen an outfit for her 'debut' here but really needs a different coloured shoes as these don't go so well with the outfit!

Even though I don't feel Iplehouse dolls posing is as good in this size as the Fairyland Little Fees, I do love how 'real' their sculpts are, with more naturally sized features and proportions.  I think of all the companies, their dolls look the most realistic.  

I don't know if this is her 'final' look because I'd  planned dark curls for her,  but I like how she looks for now.....so without further ado, here are a whole bunch of photos of her.  Sorry that there are so many but I couldn't decide which ones I liked best!!! 





















Thank you for looking and for welcoming my new girl!  Now I have to choose a name for her.  I have been  thinking about Brodie or Camille.....I'm leaning towards Brodie because  it is very much like her factory name, Bordy, and easy to remember! :)

Have a great week everyone!



13 comments:

  1. A very sweet and cute new girl and her hat is just right for her slightly shy expression. Love her outfit with the cute ricrac trim and the pretty turquoise color. A great post, thank you! :). xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ginger, for your sweet words about her and her outfit. I thought you'd like that ricrac as I know you like those sorts of touches on your outfits :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Brodie is such a sweet name. What a little "doll"! I especially love they way her lips are sculpted. So cute! Is that "ranson" thing to get things out of customs a Spanish thing? Seems horrible that you have to pay even more to get her into the country. I don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Farrah, I think she will be called Brodie because Camille, my second choice, seems almost too 'grown up' for her, don't you think?
      Oh don't get me started on Spanish Customs. It's when an individual (or company) imports something in from outside of the European Union, and also applies to other non EU countries too, for example I think Australia has a limit of $1000 Australian dollars and then they have to pay customs duty too. So anything I buy from outside of the EU now seems to get caught by customs and I have to send them a copy of my credit card payment or a screen print of my paypal payment......so even if the company, Iplehouse, put the value at $50 and as a 'gift', the buyer cannot get away from paying the full amount of import duty and taxes. Here in Spain it can work out at as much as 49% of the value of the goods, so I'm trying now not to spend mo ney outside of the EU...but it's hard not to when things I want are only available from the US or Asia for example!

      Delete
  3. Look at that pouty little face?

    She's gorgeous - and that blue really suits her perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! I can hardly keep up with all your 'ever-increasing' collection of little dolls. Perhaps one day you could give me a photo of a 'line up' of them altogether so that I can gauge their sizing and differences more easily, not being familiar with their maker's companies. etc.
    Sweet doll and outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL am I really that bad Kendal!!! I would love to show you a line-up of them but am not home until the Autumn, but maybe once I'm home and have all my dolls available to me, I will take a group shot for you. I can show you who I have here now and will do at some point if you would like me to?
      I'm glad you like this new little girl though :)
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Such a sweetie! - Her outfit is so cute, too, I can just imagine her running along the beach in it.

    I'm wth Kendal in my desire for a line up......but think both Kendal and I would have difficulty in giving you a complete line up of our own all at once.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jenni, I'm glad you like her and her outfit. If I weren't such a coward I could take photos just like that!!
      I promise that at some point in the future I will do a line up for you and Kendal to see :)
      xxx
      PS I might say I'll only show you mine if you show me yours ;)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks very much Louise, I'm glad you think so :)
      xxx

      Delete
  7. Totally missed this post Sharon but now I have found it I have to say she is adorable! Such a sweet face, no wonder you wanted her and was prepared to pay the Spanish Ransom demand to get her home! :)
    Love the little outfit she found in your dolls stash of clothes, the blue look very nice on her.
    Although Sasha's are my first love, I do find myself tempted by these dolls, the trouble would be they would have to just sit about due to lack of playing time..but tempting all the same! :)xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.