FOR SALE

Tuesday 4 August 2015

Just like buses...

Well we've all used the expression "just like buses" in the dolly world and sure enough now it's my turn.  I don't usually like receiving new dolls one after the other with just a few days between their arrivals but sometimes even with the best of planning, it can happen.

The Iplehouse doll I showed yesterday, as I mentioned then, was held up a month in Spanish Customs (boo, hiss) but this little doll who arrived here on Saturday I've actually been hoping to nab for about 8 months or so.  The little doll in question is a Tuesday's Child doll by Boneka, sculpted by Dianna Effner.  I'd wanted one as a little sister for my Little Darlings but each time one came up on ebay so they either went very high or they were being sold in the US and I would prefer to buy within the EU.  Anyway, about 6 months ago I spoke with the owner of a doll store in France who told me that they were waiting on an order from Boneka which was due in 'later in the summer' so I decided to wait.  And lo and behold, last week I received their newsletter to say that the dolls had arrived!!!! 

I was really fortunate to nab one quickly as the store only received about 20 or so of them, and they were sold out in little over an hour!  And I'd just like to mention that this particular doll store, Un Bonheur de Colibri are brilliant, so helpful and their customer service is second to none!  They shipped the following day and the doll arrived really quickly from France!

So here she is, her name is Daniela and she is number 2 of a limited edition of 2.  She has handpainted features, with blue/green eyes and pale pinky lips.  Her wig is human hair.  She is about 25cm tall and has the same joints as the Little Darlings, (neck, shoulders and hips).  She's so cute with her little chubby cheeks and pretty blond curls, and I really do think she looks like a little sister to my bigger girls!  This is the outfit by Boneka that she came in, including socks and shoes.




Daniela borrowed her big sisters sunhat as it's been very hot here and she didn't want to burn her head! ;)





With her big sisters and cousins, Ellie, Finn, Gem and Reece:


 With her sisters, Finn and Reece:




I think she'll fit in really well here, I have a ton of patterns in this smaller size and she's already asking for more summer clothes...I can see myself being busy when I get a break from sewing my commission work!

Thanks for looking and for welcoming little Daniela!


14 comments:

  1. Oh Sharon she is just gorgeous 😍😍😍😍😍 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Louise, I'm glad you like her :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi there sweet little Daniela! What a dear little girl she is and she looks exactly like a baby sister to your Little Darling girls most definitely! Her pink dress and shoes are so nice on her and I love her straw hat! I look forward to seeing the new creations you will have for Daniela and what a lovely addition Daniela is to your growing Effner family! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger, she really does look like their little sister, doesn't she! I think the two blond girls will be her older sisters, and the two brunettes will be their cousins.....got it all sorted out in my head! ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Sharon,
    I have never heard of these little sister dolls...how sweet! I love how tiny she is. Congrats on your new little girl. What a sweet face!
    :) Farrah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Farrah, glad you like her.
      As far as I'm aware, the Boneka dolls were around before the Little Darlings, in fact I'm almost sure of it...because I remember someone I know in the US having several of them. They used to be sold by Denver Doll Emporium and also a doll store called Tuesdays? You might know of it. But it seems that nowadays it's harder to get them because I think the company is just a one person concern....but I'm really happy that she's here! xxx

      Delete
  4. What a dear little poppet she is too! Just perfect as a little sister to your 'Little Darling' girls as she has the correct size proportions and cherabic look. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kendal, I'm glad you think so :)
      I think that along with my Sashas and some of my BJDs, my LDs are firm favourites and now this little one too......actually, it sounds like all my dolls are my favourites, doesn't it!!! xxx

      Delete
  5. She's a lovely little thing. I knew of these before the Little Darling - used to haunt the Boneka pages for a while, but the time wasn't right. One of only two is quite a find. Congrats, Sharon! (hope my email arrived? need to ask about postage for sweet Tilly ) J xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jenni, glad you like her! Yes, that's what I thought, these were around well before the LDs, weren't they?
      Yes, got your email and am all ready to reply today, have had a busy couple of days as you can imagine!
      I'll get Tilly weighed up for you and let you know.
      xxx

      Delete
  6. What a sweetheart she is ! and the perfect little sister for your darling girls :) I saw them when you kindly gave out the details of the shop but no dolls pennies , so could only look and wonder !
    Love the photo of them all together showing just how small she is compared to the LD's. Yu are getting quite a collection of the Diane Effner designed dolls :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dee, I'm very pleased with her, she's such a nice size and as you say, the perfect little sister to the Darling girls.
      I am indeed getting a collection of Dianna's sculpts, what with the LDs, my bigger Maru & Friends Tanya and now this little girl, I really do like her work. I will have to be careful of I'll end up with as many as I have of Sashas!!!
      xxx

      Delete
  7. She's so cute, and goes perfect with the other dolls! Absolutely a great addition to your doll family! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Linda, I'm glad you think so :)
      xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.