FOR SALE

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Kidz n Cats customs finished....

You may recall that I mentioned several weeks ago now that I was customising two Kidz n Cats dolls for a lady in Switzerland.  Well I finally finished them and sent them off to their new home about two weeks ago.  The owner received them yesterday and thankfully is very happy with how they have turned out.  I thought I would share some photos of the finished results.

The first of the two dolls was Laura, she was released in 2013 I believe and had a very messy synthetic brunette curly wig.....not nice!  So her mum wanted a straight wig with a fringe in a similar colour.  I ordered the Monique Gold Geneva wig in Brown/Black and had to trim the fringe because it was a little long over her eyes, but I left the length at the back as it does give more scope for other styles such as plaits and ponytails.  

This was how she looked when I'd finished all the detailed work....but minus her wig:


Here she is in her default outfit and new wig, completely finished and ready to go home:



These girls come with what I consider are cheap acrylic eyes and not so nice eyelashes, so both have been replaced.  The eyes are good quality glass in deep brown:





And then we have Stine.  Stine was also released in 2013 and I have given her the 'full works' too, she now wears another Monique Gold wig, this time it's a Jojo in Golden Strawberry/Golden Auburn, I again had to tidy up the fringe a little bit because it was over her eyes but this style is meant to be wispy and layered so I left the rest alone.  I have shown it in pigtails in one of the photos below and think it gives her a more 'playful' look :)

For Stine I also used good quality glass eyes in a deep blue and she too is shown below in her default outfit:






And finally both girls together:



Thank you to the 'mum' of these two sweet girls for trusting me to customise them .... I'm really glad that you're happy with their new looks :)


11 comments:

  1. Wow, Sharon, these are stunning! I especially love Laura. Something about her face sculpt and eyes speaks to me. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Happysuz, I think this is part of the doll hobby that I really enjoy, the customising of dolls :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Really sweet and beautiful! I also especially love little Laura...I agree with Happysuz! Those big brown eyes..she just look so sweet. :) Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farrah Lily! I like Laura best too to be honest, it's a face that just says something to me!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Lovely Sharon, I love that deep blue of Stine's eyes. The new face up's are nice and delicate nd look good on both girls.
    Is there no end to your talent!! :)
    Hugs Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Dee! I'm glad you like the girls and yes Stine's eyes are very deep blue, I like this colour a lot.
      xxx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! They look like "real" BJDs now! I'm not one for their original eyes, either. Always wondered if they could be replaced. Were the original wigs glued in place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you TigerAnne!
      Yes, the original wigs are very much glued down.....but with quite a bit of effort they can be removed! I didn't glue the new wig down but they stay on quite well because the fit is good and the head still has some glue residue from the old wig which works well and helps to keep the wig in place!
      Hugs Sharon xxx

      Delete
  6. What a difference.... now they are alive!!
    You are really an artist!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.