FOR SALE

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Skye meets the sea....

Today Skye had her first modelling 'assignment' and we decided to go to the beach for her to 'strut her stuff' in a very natural environment :)

The outfit isn't for sale as it is a prototype of a new style that I've put together.  Instead of a tee shirt, this top is actually a 'body' and has short puffed sleeves.  The skirt is slightly different too in that it has straps which cross over at the back.  Just a little bit different but a change from what I've been making.   I think the applique here is a little too big, especially with the straps but that is something to work on for next time.  I also haven't quite finished it because the straps, although sewn on with decorative buttons on the front, so far are only pinned on the back and the applique needs some additonal decoration/stitching.  This new 'body' style eliminates any bulk at the waist and also the need for additional knickers as they are 'built in'.  As per usual an outfit like this will come with socks and hairband/ribbon ties.

I hope you like it so far!



The waves are really crashing on to the beach at the moment and the walkway from the road to the sand has been partially washed away! 





 A couple of waves later and this rock that Skye was so ably balanced on, was covered with water and foam!  (Luckily she'd moved on by then!)








13 comments:

  1. Very pretty Sharon. I love the sleeves and a 'body' is a great idea.
    Will you be doing them for toddlers too? Lonely wanted me to order one for her but I told her we'd need to check first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie, I'm glad you like it.
      I hope to do a lot more different styles for the Toddlers just as soon as I possibly can, but at the moment I have a lot of orders for the Sashas so drafting new patterns has had to take a back seat. But hopefully once I make something Lonely will like the look of it and we can add her name to my list ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. So very cute, Sharon! The applique is great - I like the slightly larger one on the bib. The body being an integral part is a great idea - I have a couple of skirts of a similar style for my girls and the blouse or tee under it always seems to buch up or ride up and stick out, this should work much beetter.

    I agree with Lonely too, the toddlers woulld look wonderful in this style and, after her tough earlier life at the hands of the now reformed Lucas, she deserves all the treats she can get! Not only that, Miss Angelina just had to have the very sweet little chicky cardi she saw Lonely modelling - that child is beginning to feel the world owes her everything, she never even considered whether poor Lonely woud be sorry to give it up!

    Skye looks great with the stormy sea and sky behind her - the one spot of colour in each photo.

    J xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jenni, that's it exactly with the bunching. Also if she were to wear it with jeans or trousers she can look like it's tucked in even though it really isn't, it's all part of the same garment.
      It was really rough down on the beach, the waves were quite high but it was lovely and warm, the breeze was like a hairdryer....I sat outside for ages and am already looking a bit like a brown tomato!!!!
      xxx

      Delete
    2. Brown tomato? WE WANT PICS!!!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous girl, clothes and photo shoot, just simply gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Louise, I'm so glad you like it :)
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Hello : she is lovely. Great pics in the sea.. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Marta, muchas gracias! I'm glad you like it :)
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Love the new outfit Sharon, when I first saw it I thought it looked like one of those Swiss style outfits and I just love the colours on her.
    I so envy you being able to just walk down to the beach! I love the sea and would have loved to live close to it.
    Skye looks better each time I see her and that hair style suits her perfectly.
    Look forward to seeing the next outfits off the Spanish line :)
    Hugs Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty photos...the ocean looks so beautiful! Her outfit is so nice-I agree with the Swiss or German feel to it-it's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'I' never mind Skye would like to meet the sea..... AND in that very attractive outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skye is beautiful and she looks so lovely with the ocean behind her. What a beautiful place to be! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.