FOR SALE

Friday 3 May 2013

Cable knit for Gregor......however.....

My mum sent me a package from the UK a couple of weeks ago in which she'd included two sweaters that she'd knitted for my Gregor.  She included a note which read "These two jumpers have been finished for ages, I thought I'd best send them before he grows out of them!"  Bless her!  She does get into the spirit of things!

However, the lovelier of the two sweaters, a grey cable knit one with a 'shawl' type collar, is never in a million years going to fit over his head.  The body and arms would fit I'm sure, but without removing his head, there is no way that the sweater would fit him.  Such a shame, because it is really nicely knitted and the perfect 'boy' sweater.

However, Leona, my Iplehouse KID Lonnie, decided that she was a bit chilly and would try out the jumper for size.  The sleeves are very long on her, but you know what kids are like, they love that 'long arms' look these days!  And of course it fits perfectly over her head......seeing as she is so much smaller than Gregor, as is her head!!!

Now, how to tell my mum!!




6 comments:

  1. I think Leona looks great in the sweater but you had best tell your Mum before the autumn or you may get a few more in the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee! I will tell her when she comes over here at the end of this month!

      Delete
  2. What a pretty girl Leona is! Don't envy you breaking the news to your mum about the sweaters though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronny!
      I had to laugh because I got the patterns sent directly to my mum, I showed her the doll that they're for when she was here at Christmas and she must have just forgotten the big head! My mum has a habit of following a pattern so far, then she'll lose interest in the pattern and do her own thing....unfortunately, she must have done her own thing at the neck or something! LOL

      Delete
  3. She looks great in that! I'm sure she won't be too upset - at least someone is able to wear it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine...and no, she'll not be upset...in fact we'll probably laugh over it because she has a habit of doing things like this!

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.