FOR SALE

Monday 18 January 2016

Emily....a little bit spoilt perhaps?

I don't know what it is about this particular doll but Emily, my Goetz Happy Kid, who came to me secondhand (admittedly almost brand new in box) from Ebay, has fast become one of my favourite dolls!  She has such a lovely face and is really nice to sew for.  Being bigger than the majority of my other dolls, I can use fabrics that wouldn't be any good for smaller dolls, such as this knit fabric which was a gift from my friend Anita in the US, and with which I've made Emily's latest outfit.

The dress is a basic smock style with three quarter length sleeves and I added red and white striped leggings and a Liberty cap in plain red knit.  I love sewing in knit fabrics...which is funny really because when I first started sewing I hated knits as my sewing machine tended to 'eat' them, now they're definitely my favourite fabrics.  I just wish that more patterned knits were available to purchase locally as I like to feel the weight of the knit before I buy and that is very difficult with buying on-line! 

Anyway, without further ado, here is Emily modelling her new outfit which she seems to be very happy with.  We went into the 'campo' yesterday to take these and the air was filled with the scent of wild mountain thyme....lovely!!

The usual abundance of photos as I can never choose which to keep and which to discard!!!  










Because we were high up, we got a good view of the sea in the distance.  It was very calm.









 Another abandoned watch tower...



I hope everyone had a great weekend and hope the week ahead is good for you....and for those of you with cold weather and snow, please keep safe and warm.



22 comments:

  1. gorgeous outfit , im rather jealous at your ability to sew knits, they all have such a different amount of stretch you never know how big something will turn out, ive got quite alot of jersey fabric , one day i may try to experiment but when ive tried in the past its not ended well ! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sarah, I do particularly enjoy sewing knits but I agree they do have a lot of variations in the amount of stretch which is why buying knits on line is a challenge as I never know quite what will arrive!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. I just love the feel of doll's clothes when they are made from this soft material and they fit and hang so beautifully. I too enjoy wearing it with it's comfortable and un-restricting stretch.
    Great dry grass terraine here with the sea in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Kendal, they do feel nice and soft and can drape well in the main.
      Yes, very dry grass!!! We've had so little rain in the last year that it is a surprise that so many of the plants are still here!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Love this new girl Emily, her face is so expressive. Wonderful outfit Sharon, love the colours and the fabric print, she looks so sweet in that hat. she looks like she is enjoying her new life in Spain :)
    Interesting watchtower. Have a great week hugs Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dee, glad you like her and her outfit. I enjoyed making it and think it suits her colouring.
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Love this new girl Emily, her face is so expressive. Wonderful outfit Sharon, love the colours and the fabric print, she looks so sweet in that hat. she looks like she is enjoying her new life in Spain :)
    Interesting watchtower. Have a great week hugs Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally understand why you find Emily so special, she is simply adorable! And with the outfit you made, she's so cute, and so realistic looking! The hat is perfect with everything she's wearing. Great job on the outfit and the photos! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Linda, I feel the same about her, I just want to keep taking her photos but don't want her to monopolise my blog really, not when the others are so patiently waiting their turn ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  6. She is such a cute doll and I can understand why you love sewing for her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily is looking really pretty in her new little doggy dress. You've done a wonderful job of sewing there Sharon.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Sorry Xanadu, there is something weird happening with my replies tonight, I was leaving the Anne reply for Anne below but it showed up here and yours disappeared altogether....I will try again!!
      xxx

      Delete
  8. You know, I'm admiring you
    for having that taste a this feeling for colours and combinations!
    This is another example. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Anne, I'm glad you like the outfit and fabric.
      xxx

      Delete
  9. She looks as cute as can be in that outfit! I think that hat is the perfect finishing touch. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Lynn, glad you like it!
      xxx

      Delete
  10. Very lovely Sharon! Emily is a beautiful doll and the puppy dog printed dress with her red hat and boots are perfect for her. I love your outdoor setting too. Just a beautiful post. Thank you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ginger, I'm happy that you like it!
      xxx

      Delete
  11. ileż słodyczy w tej panience!
    bardzo mi się podoba sukienka!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dziękuję Inka. Kocham ta dziewczynka, ma najsłodszy twarz. xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.