This week I decided I'd take a short break from sewing, having just finished a string of commission outfits, and start rerooting Bailey again. You'll remember that we've been down this 'root' before (yes, pun intended) and Bailey went from being a brunette with badly falling hair, to a rerooted mixed mid blond, but not liking that and feeling that she had waaaay too much hair, I cut it all off to just stubble and wigged her. However, I was never quite happy with my wig choices, so decided to reroot her again.
The changing faces of Bailey:
Poor girl! Really been through it since coming to live here in Spain with me!
The hardest part was removing all the tufts from her previously reroot.....I really had knotted the hair in tightly, I obviously wasn't planning on doing her all over again when I first did it!!! However, I eventually got all the plugs out, and two hours later and one very saw right hand, she was bald and ready to go.
I'm afraid she wouldn't let me take a photo of her this time round (she's got quite bossy since she's settled in here!) so this photo is from last time!!
She doesn't look too happy back then and she looked even more annoyed this time!
Anyway, to cut a long story short.....she is now finished and waiting for her hair to be washed, cut and styled. I've told her that if she doesn't behave herself then her hair will remain like this until after Hallowe'en, when she can be dressed as a witch!
This is her "I'm not AMUSED!" face I think!
Although Bailey has a double (sometimes treble) row of plug holes making a parting in her hair, it's not actually centre part, it's slightly over to one side, (as can be seen in the 'baldy' photo above) although unfortunately, not a side part either......sort of an 'in-between' part....so I haven't made her into a full centre part at the back, although I did think about it. It wouldn't have been straight and would have to have been placed at an angle to the part on top of her head.....I do still want her to have a fringe though and have also been thinking of adding some little curls using the boiling water method that Jackie R told me about......but all that will have to be decided!
I will take more photos tomorrow, hopefully Bailey will look happier by then!