As the interest in my dolls has started to come back, so has my urge to sew for them again. Over the last week or so I've made a couple of dresses for the Little Darlings which I showed in my last blog post and now I've made a few outfits for my BJDs (ball jointed dolls) so I thought I would share the BJD outfits here.
First of all I decided to make a summer dress for Angel, my tanned Ziya by Youpladolls, using a pattern that I've had here for many years as it came from a doll magazine back in about 2008. I've used this pattern many times in the past but hadn't done so recently. It is a pattern designed by Zozolala, the Dutch doll seamstress and I thought it would be a nice style for Angel.
I decided to add a frill to the bottom of the dress using a contrasting fabric which I also used for the shoulder straps.
The bodice is a little loose on her but I like how it hangs. The pintucks are a nice feature and add a bit of interest to the bodice.
Next, using a pattern from Tirin & Katten, I made a summer dress for my Eminor from Harucasting. The pattern comes in many sizes and I decided to use the biggest size, designed for the MSD Imda 4.3 and increase it by 10% as Eminor has a slightly bigger bust than the Imda.
I decided to leave the hem with a raw edge, just for fun and then to wet the dress and screw it up and twist it about a bit! I love how this style suits her so much. I've never thought of Eminor as a girlie girl, but she certainly looks it in this style of dress with her hair loosely piled up on her head and her little brown Mary Jane shoes. I think I need to make more dresses for her now!!!
Sorry about all the similar photos of her but I just couldn't choose as I love this girl so much!
And finally today, I made a dress for Anais, my Annic by Irrealdolls. Anais is just 22 cm tall and very slim. I decided to use the same pattern for her as I used for Eminor above but this time I would try the pattern for the Imda 2.2 size doll. I measured Anais's chest and established that she had approximately the same chest size as the Imda 2.2 and went from there.
I think that next time I would slightly increase the size of the pattern before cutting it out....maybe by about 5 percent and also slightly increase the length of the bodice. I think that a bodice that sits a little bit lower down rather than right under Anais's small bust line, would hopefully eliminate some of the bulkiness.
The bodice in this size is quite tiny and fiddly to work with and being fully lined doesn't help, but I'm pleased with how it came out. I used quilters cotton for this dress but the pattern does suggest that finer fabric would work well, so I might see what I have that's thinner for next time. Also, I ironed the gathers down as suggested in the pattern, I think I'd want to do that a bit differently too as I don't like how some of the gathers are hanging here.
I also have another idea for an outfit for Eminor, this time using the bodice part of the pattern and instead of making it into a dress, using it as a summer top....and adding some shorts. Hopefully I will make a start on that tomorrow.
Watch this space!!!
I hope you've enjoyed seeing a little of what I've been up to on the dolly sewing front. Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Big hugs, Sharon in Spain xxx