FOR SALE

Saturday 18 April 2020

On line shopping....

In the absence of being able to physically go shopping, apart from boring stuff like food, I find myself looking on line at dolly stuff, I put things into the website's carts and then I just delete it again....I do this before signing in to these websites, just in case my finger slips and I find myself spending money that I don't have!!!

Well this morning I was a little bit naughty and I went searching on doll websites just to see what is available.  I was expecting that a lot of the sites wouldn't be shipping right now but one of the Spanish companies that I've used in the past, Doll and Doll, state that they're still shipping and also had some cute vinyl dolls in stock by the company Llorens, and me, not being able to resist a bargain, decided to put one in my shopping cart....just put her in there you understand, not buy her!  Then of course I saw some sweet little socks, 2,95 euros?  Not bad!! I put a pair of those in too.  And then I saw some downloadable patterns, yes one of those would be useful!  Into the cart it goes.  

But this time I thought "oh what the hell" and I pressed 'proceed to checkout'.  So a new doll and a pair of socks are going to be on their way here next week!  And the pattern is already downloaded and ready to print off.  

The doll is very cute though and the prices of these dolls, which are completely made here in Spain, are so very reasonable that it would be criminal not to purchase.  And with the way things are at the moment, the economy really will need a boost so I'm really just doing my bit to help my fellow inhabitants of Spain, don't you think?! 😉

Here is the doll that I've ordered, her company name is Daniela:




She is 37cm tall, all vinyl with rooted hair.  She has fixed acrylic inset eyes and five joints.  If my previous experience of this company, Llorens, is anything to go by, then the outfit will be nicely made with good quality fabrics.  I like that the outfit has several pieces.  And the price?  A very good 37,95 euros (approx $41), so that cannot be bad!!!  

There are other styles too, here is a photo I borrowed from another website:



I have seen another one that is really very cute and if I like this doll and decide to get her a friend I might wait and order her, but for now I will just wait and see.  And I was even thinking that she might be a good candidate for a spot of customising seeing as I enjoy doing that so much!  Or maybe she is cute enough that I will leave well alone!!

All I have to hope for now is that the post office will still be delivering parcels!

I hope you all have a good weekend, stay safe and well!

Big hugs Sharon xx









15 comments:

  1. Sometime you have to get a little boost into the day and buying a reasonably priced doll and not forgetting the socks, can be just the thing to do! lol
    You are not alone I have to confess, I too bought a doll last week which won't arrive for a while due to all the lockdowns everywhere but when she does she'll be a nice distraction !
    I was surprised your doll being Spanish made was wearing uch warm clothing! I think her outfits lovely but looks too warm for Spain or am I wrong and parts of Spain require winter woollens :)
    I hope she's delivered soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Dee! We do have to have that little boost now and again, especially at the moment.
      We're all as bad as one another obviously!
      Well it does get very cold in some places here in winter, for example Madrid is very high up and they often have snow as do places further north, so maybe she is dressed up for that! I had to take the outfit off quite quickly though as just looking at her made me feel warm.
      Big hugs xxx

      Delete
  2. Dear Sharon, well, of course you are right. We must help the businesses, especially the doll businesses (laugh). I think Daniela will be a lovely addition to your collection. I am curious to see if you change her or or not. I have been looking online also but so far I haven't purchased anything. I have my eye on a few things though soooo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you see it my way Dorothy! And yes, especially the doll businesses, they struggle enough as it is.
      I'm really pleased with her and have just done a review post, so hopefully you will see it.
      I admire your restraint in not having bought anything yet!
      Big hugs xxx

      Delete
  3. Ooops! Now am I to blame or did you manage to do that all on your own Sharon? LOL! Either way, it's not a bad thing and she will probably cheer you up no end when she arrives. :) She is a lovely choice and it seems that staying home is taking us both down the same road back to customising. I've been having a lovely time carving up this Blythe face with my new tools.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sandi, I really don't need much encouragement to be honest! But I will blame you and get rid of my guilt ;)
      Yes, I'm now waiting on a new faceplate for one of my Blythes, as I am not overly keen on what I did to her and thought I'd see if I could change it...so yes, customising again.
      Big hugs to you too xxx

      Delete
  4. Daniela is sweet and baeutiful. I think things like that helps us to stay sane and happy. And it's not easy these days. So yes, I think you did a right thing ordering her. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kamelia, I'm very pleased with her now that she's arrived.
      Big hugs xxx

      Delete
  5. Those dolls and outfits are definitely cute! I've never seen these dolls before, but a lot of people have starting customizing Paola Reina dolls, so maybe these dolls will become popular as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb. Yes, the Paola Reina dolls are really coming alive with the customising, aren't they! I think both doll companies are in the same town here in Spain, a place called Onil in Valencia. I would love to go there as there are quite a few doll companies working in that area...but it's quite a way from here so it won't be anytime soon.
      Big hugs xxx

      Delete
  6. Hello! A new way of window shopping! :) Have been doing that too! Daily visits to a shopping place and looking for bargains. Got my eyes on a doll, but probably it will just land in the cart and not any further. Your little dollie is a cute one and I hope she arrives safe and sound with some socks! Great buy! Enjoy the new week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha window shopping indeed! And who can resist a bargain? I know I can't!
      I hope you'll enjoy seeing this one in my next post.
      Big hugs xxx

      Delete
  7. She has a lovely little face and the outfit she is wearing is a lovely colour. It looks quite comfortable. I hope she doesn't take long to arrive to you! I have been on the opposite side - I haven't even bothered looking at doll sites at all during this lockdown. I spend way too much time watching videos on Youtube though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alasse, I'm very happy to have bought her, she was such a bargain!
      She took just a few days so that was good also.
      You have to do what suits you and makes you happy, so it's good that you have found that in You Tube videos.
      Big hugs xxx

      Delete
  8. Hi Linda, I think being able to brighten up this time with a few purchases does help, doesn't it! I am really pleased with my purchase, and hope you're happy with yours too!
    Big hugs and have a good weekend yourself xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.