FOR SALE

Wednesday 27 February 2019

Bailey Survives 'The Cull'....

It has been a very busy month and my blog, as well as my dolls and my sewing machine, have been seriously neglected.  However, having finally made a good start on my selling, I feel a lot less 'overwhelmed' and there does seem to be some light at the end of the tunnel...even if it's only a tiny glimmer, it's definitely there!!!

In the last week I've listed quite a few dolls on Ebay and as a result, I've sold a small Schildkrot Wichtel boy, my one and only Sasha baby, and my little Toddler Erik.  I wasn't too concerned about the Wichtel boy or the Sasha baby as neither of them have had much attention here, but I was a little sad about Teddy, my Toddler, because he was a real cutie, but he will be going to live with a nice Sasha collector in the US so I'm sure he'll be well cared for and have a lot of fun in his new loving home.

Bye bye boys!!!  Enjoy your new homes!


I will be continuing to add dolls and other items to Ebay, so if you're interested in seeing what I'm selling or who needs a new home, please click on the link below:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dambuster01/m.html?item=233147670425&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I hope to be adding more items at the weekend, if not before!!!  

I also had a lot of dolls here that I'd bought on impulse over the last few years.  There were several Barbies, a Fashionista Ken, a Santori Gorjuss doll, some Spanish dolls by Asi and Paola Reina, a couple of Disney Animator dolls, as well as, four Journey Girls that I bought from Toys R Us.  Most of the dolls were either brand new in their boxes or had been removed and undressed and then put away.  I didn't want to put them on Ebay as I felt the postage for them would be more than the individual value of each doll.  So what to do?  I made some enquiries and found out that a local group of ladies collect donated dolls for a great cause that really did appeal to me!!!  So I gathered the dolls, there were around 25 or so in total and met with a very nice lady who told me all about their work.  Some of the women sew, others knit or crochet clothes for the dolls and then they're donated to a charity, Ángeles Malagueños de la Noche, a non-profit organisation, based in Malaga.  The dolls and their wardrobes will eventually go to children who's circumstances mean that they don't get much, if anything, from The Three Kings on the night of the 5th January.  I was invited to attend the next meeting of dolly outfit makers so I may go and see if I can help by sewing some clothing.  Wish me luck!

So now that I'm getting a little more organised on The Dolly Cull, as I've started to call it, and can actually get into my doll room properly, I decided to take one of my girls, Bailey, out with me today when we went to visit Lake Viñuela.  Bailey is my rewigged Brunette Sasha from 1971, and is one of my favourites of my Sashas.  So I thought I'd share some photos.  She is wearing her lovely Ruthdolls dress with brown leather boots also by Ruth and brown socks by me.  Sorry if the photos are a bit repetitive, I just think she looks cute from every angle!!!






 

Well I hope you enjoyed my little update and photos of sweet little Bailey.  I will try to keep my blog updated more regularly now that I'm feeling a bit more positive about my dolls.

Thanks so much for visiting, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week ahead!!

Big hugs Sharon xx

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sharon on making dolly progress. It is hard to do! I know you will miss Teddy but hopefully you will see him from time to time. What a delight to see Bailey! She is so smart in her Ruth’s dolls outfit and I love her wig. A great post! 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ginger, I'm getting there. I will indeed miss Teddy but hopefully his new owner will love him a lot, and he'll get more attention I'm sure.
      I do love Bailey a lot and hopefully she will be staying, she is one of my favourites.
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Dear Sharon, hello. I am glad that you are moving along some of your dolls to new homes. I know it is difficult to say good-bye.
    Bailey is a cutie. She seems to be enjoying the fresh air.
    I have much to do on my doll room also. I am afraid that if I don't get out the junk soon, my dollies will run away from home (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy, it is difficult but needs must, as they say!
      Bailey did seem to enjoy her time at the lake but we had to be really careful because local newspaper reports are saying that there are masses of those processional caterpillars there at the moment and I wanted to take my photos slightly in the shade of the trees. Fortunately we didn't see any as apparently they can cause a lot of health problems.
      I hope you can get your room organised too, it's a chore but I guess it has to be done!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Congrats on getting some dolls to move on. It sounds like a load off your shoulders! That organisation sounds like a wonderful thing. It's nice to hear about groups like that.

    Bailey looks great in your photos. Looks like it was a nice day out for all involved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alasse, it is a big load off my shoulders I can tell you!
      I was really happy to find this organisation, I'd heard of them before but didn't give it a thought that they might be interested in dolls, so it's perfect for me.
      Thank you for your nice comments about Bailey, I think she enjoyed herself ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Sharon,
    So a few have flown the coop, and several have been donated, I hope you are not too sad or loosing your dolly love. I should probably do the same, but I am so hopeless when it comes to dolls, I think I really have a problem.

    I think your Bailey is one of the nicest Sasha's I've seen, probably because you have styled her so beautifully. I really love her dress and the wig you chose for her. Perhaps a day in the fresh air was good for you both. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they have indeed Sandy and what a relief it is that they have gone now. I still have a big box of dolls to list on Ebay but I'm getting there, slowly but surely.
      I think I have a problem too!!!! So at least we're not alone. ;)
      Aww thanks so much on Bailey, I really do like her, she was my first brunette and I was soooo upset when I washed her hair and it all fell out. I even rerooted her not once but TWICE!!! And then cut all the hair off again! So I'm glad that finally she has a look that I'm very happy with.
      Big hugs to you too xxx

      Delete
  5. Well done Sharon ! Sometimes the amount of dolls can be overwhelming and just making a start and moving a few on can make such a big difference.
    How lovely to have also found a good cause to donate more dolls to. I think we've all had those impulse buys where a pretty face pulls us into a purchase, only for the doll to be admired for a day or two then put away never to see the light again , so its sounds like a wonderful place you've donated those dolls.
    It's lovely to see Bailey getting some Spanish sunshine , I love her in that outfit.

    Hopefully we'll be seeing a few posts now you can squeeze back in the doll room ;) lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dee, and yes, very overwhelming indeed. I do feel that I've made a good start but still have quite a few to go....I'm listing them slowly but surely.
      Yes isn't that a great cause, I'm really pleased that they accepted the dolls. And hopefully some little children will be very happy next January 5th!!
      Thanks also on Bailey Dee, she is indeed enjoying a bit of fresh air after spending winter inside :)
      xxx

      Delete
  6. I love her dress. I wish I could sew properly. Ivy,my youngest,says she has learned to use patterns now that she is sewing for the theatre department at college. I'm hoping she can teach me. That's someting I've always been hopeless at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tam, I love this style of dress on the Sashas too, it really seems to suit them. I can do smocking but it's been a long time so can't remember how to start, although I do have a book or two somewhere.
      Great for Ivy, I think being able to sew is really useful for all sorts of situations.....soon you can get her sewing for your dolls ;)
      x

      Delete
  7. Bailey looks so pretty in the sun! Beautiful photos!
    Well done with the sales! I can understand that some can be harder to let go, but there is always a new loving home somewhere.
    Interesting with the organisation! Good work like they do is always appreciated. In the beginning of the 90's, when I moved to this little town, the municipality had a group of ladies and even some men, who helped to sew baby boxes, as they were called, with clothes to newborn babies in war zones or in places with families living in poverty. I joined this group for a couple of weeks just to help. It was a way to help, to learn to know new people and the town, because I was new and at the same time put my free time to use. Many helped during a period of time, but suddenly it just disappeared and nothing similar have popped up, before now. The church have a store where you can donate clean old clothes or leave something handmade, that they sell or send to people in need. The money collected goes to organisations that help, so that is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Niina, I'm glad you liked the photos.
      That sounds like a wonderful group of people, but such a shame that it disappeared. I think lots of groups like this, find that they can't continue after a while due to one reason or another, but mainly lack of members, but hopefully this group is doing well.
      xxx

      Delete
  8. I'm glad your plans are going forward and totally successful! I hope you share more about that organization if you end up participating, it sounds like such a nice project. I'm glad the dolls will be put to good use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so happy that I was able to share the dolls and hope that some children in the future will enjoy them :)
      xxx

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful gesture! I'm sure some little ones will be very happy thanks to you!
    Bailey is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Kamelia, I really hope so.
      And thank you for your nice comment about Bailey, she is one of my favourites :)
      xxx

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after moderation.